SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

On 10/25/2021 at 1:30 PM, KJHburg said:

Southend skyline the 4th best in my book in the Carolinas.  (after uptown, Raleigh and Winston)   SouthendRising.  (and will rise to new heights very soon) 

Vantage Southend maybe some day surrounded by 40+ story towers or 30+ story towers but this project is still a great one.

IMG_4414.JPG

IMG_4415.JPG

IMG_4417.JPG

That is nice looking skyline considering it didn’t have one. 

Thank god the down vote button was removed because this will be an unpopular comment... Obviously the sources of these 40+ towers are very reliable sources. However, I’m very skeptical hardly any move forward anytime soon within the next year save a couple projects. Mostly because, I haven’t really seen much public in a while. To be fair, I haven’t lived in Charlotte in 4 years so maybe I’ve just missed them. But I keep reading post burgeoning up to over 40 skyscrapers, lol. 

I mean. When I lived in Charlotte I was waiting years for the freakin’ Publix to be built next to Skyhouse....  and it’s still not built and it feels like it was supposed to be built like a decade ago!, haha. So. I’m not getting my hopes up for even 20 towers. I’ll go for 12, max. My gut feeling breaking ground within the next 3 years. But I’m gonna guess 7. 

That’s literally based on nothing but just optimism on my behalf. Please, no one  be too mean to me for that feeling xD 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, J-Rob said:

Any in Levineland? The Ellis was a success, so I would love to see Levine unload more land.

Nearby but none of my list.  Truist Tower at 7th and College is close and the highrise apartment tower at 7th and N Tryon.  Hopefully Mr Levine will sell some property.  

• Like 3

On 10/26/2021 at 10:22 PM, SouthendSnoop said:

Imagine if we got an MLB stadium in southend, and mixed use development around it (like the battery in Atlanta) My god, southend would turn into a city of its own. 

Please let this be prophetic !! I want MLB sooo bad in Charlotte. Seems inevitable it will happen. Hopefully I won't be pushing a walker when it finally does though... ha!

• Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 11:14 AM, turbocraig said:

I’m not sure if this is news, or if it’s old news and I just don’t remember, but I was at WorldStone at Dunavant and Distribution St yesterday and they told me they are moving in a matter of weeks to the West side because their property had been sold.  There are plans for a specialty type hotel and higher end restaurant (that’s how it was phrased to me) for that site.  I’m not sure if any of the neighboring businesses are also part of that, because the WorldStone site itself doesn’t seem that large to me.  If this is yesterday’s news, can someone refresh me on what this is gonna be again?

Hmmm...  I'm resurrecting my post from Feb.  Wonder if this is coming?

• Thanks 1

Biz Journal article about Tyber Creek parcel sale and plans. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2021/11/09/luxury-high-rise-planned-for-south-end.html

”Southern Land Co. plans to develop a nearly 1-acre parcel at the corner of Tremont Avenue and South Boulevard — currently home to Tyber Creek Pub.

The Nashville, Tennessee-based real estate developer is under contract for three parcels — 1919, 1923 and 1933 South Blvd. Plans call for a mixed-use, high-rise building with 300 luxury apartments that have outdoor amenity decks.”

Groundbreaking early 2023 with completion in 2025.  Tyber Creek Pub will reopen in a 4500sf street front space in the new development. 

• Like 3

I took that to mean that a newly reimagined Tyber Creek Pub would be incorporated into the new development, with them owning that new physical space, not the actual current building being built into it?  But maybe I’m wrong.  It is vague.  

”But this potential deal hit different. Tyber Creek will be incorporated into the project — and he’ll still own the 4,500 square feet where the pub sits.  The pub will be 50% larger and sit on one level instead of two.”

• Like 3