SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

13 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

In other news, the Off Broadway Shoes location will be the call The Boulevard. It will be a Broadstone community, usually higher quality, and the press release said it would be a mixed use building.

No plans have been filed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their plans are already approved and grading permit submitted. 287 units with no retail. It's wood frame over podium parking. Paid $14.1 mil for the site.

• Like 1

Interesting discussion here about how the requirement for multiple staircases in apartment buildings is problematic for infill housing design and its part of the reason why we end up with Soviet style podiums. (Yes, they do discuss fire safety concerns)

https://slate.com/business/2021/12/staircases-floor-plan-twitter-housing-apartments.html

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Prodev said:

Their plans are already approved and grading permit submitted. 287 units with no retail. It's wood frame over podium parking. Paid $14.1 mil for the site.

Press release said mixed use, but approved plans are for 287 apartment units with no retail?  How do you square this?

Oh wait, given podium parking, does a combination of car storage and apartment units within the same structure count as mixed-use?

Edited by RANYC
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Prodev said:

"Retail/amenity" = amenity. Never give pure apartment groups like Alliance/Bainbridge the benefit of the doubt. Also, If it were retail it would have been factored into their parking tabulation in that plan set. 

Between the press release and this, it just give me pause. Maybe its not, but why call it out in the plans and press than? 

Also, not much else around this part of the rail trail, I figure there is exceedingly more traffic on the s blvd side. A sign that this isn’t retail, or do they know something we don’t about the future of this portion of the rail trail?

Edited by Guest

According to a Katie Peralta Soloff tweet, the project will have a "jazz-inspired design" (can someone translate that for me?) and include a speakeasy lounge.  Speakeasy lounge qualifies as retail in my book, and I'm actually heartened at the idea that some of these apartment communities will start to include hole-in-the-wall, divey watering holes and live performance art instead of just banks, fast-casual dining, and salons.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, MothBeast said:

Also, not much else around this part of the rail trail, I figure there is exceedingly more traffic on the s blvd side. A sign that this isn’t retail, or do they know something we don’t about the future of this portion of the rail trail?

Solis right beside it took FORVER to fill two of their three retail places. Spectrum Eye Care and Spoons. The last one is yet to be filled, building has been open for at least 4 years. 

• Like 4