SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

2 hours ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Just drove by Tryon/Remount and it looked like soil samples were taking place in the lot of the auto shop on the corner.  Not sure what/if anything is being planned.  Or if maybe it's part of a land sale..  Anyone know?

Is that not where the food hall is going? Could be wrong but it's in the area and I thought it was a masonry auto shop on a corner...

6 minutes ago, JBS said:

Is that not where the food hall is going? Could be wrong but it's in the area and I thought it was a masonry auto shop on a corner...

Nah that's at Tryon/Rampart

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.209111,-80.8670191,3a,75y,135.62h,96.15t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBEFlSGDKQKphwVneAiIEWw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

The truck that I thought may be drilling was this one

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2057744,-80.869406,3a,75y,131.27h,70.98t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjXLPI9FbbTCw7oeTltiEGw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

You are correct, my apologies. I always get Rampart and Remount confused.

• 1 month later...

Quick questions...does anyone on the forum know if anything s planned for the corner of Tremont and Hawkins, between Parra and Krispy Kreme? It's a small space but pretty consequential corner, considering all that's being developed around it. Second question is what's planned for the blank lot that's fenced off on the same block, on the other side of the Krispy Kreme storefront facing Hawkins and Rampart, across street from The Line? Thx guys.

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

corner of Tremont and Hawkins is owned by a guy who is not going to sell anytime soon due to inheritance reasons.  @TheRealClayton knows more about this than I do.  On Hawkins next to the Krispy Kreme building on same side is a planned hotel.  They were jackhammering the concrete slab of the old building yesterday.  It is 15-17 stories expected height. 

IMG_9955.JPG

I did not know about a hotel. Thanks. Too much going on to remember everything.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheRealClayton said:

Subscribe to the Charlotte Ledger and you'll know everything going on in South End! And a new one is coming soon at Design Center #2

I know there was some back and forth on whether it would still be a Hotel or Apartments. Is this a confirmation it will be a hotel? Is West Elm still involved?

10 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

I know there was some back and forth on whether it would still be a Hotel or Apartments. Is this a confirmation it will be a hotel? Is West Elm still involved?

West Elm's nationwide hotel plans stalled and they are stuck in a bunch of lawsuits with their joint venture operator partner, DDK Hotels. Doesn't show any sign of resolution soon. As a result, some of the proposed West Elm Hotel locations found a different operator. The proposed hotel in Oakland for example ended up becoming affiliated with Hyatt's "Unbound Collection" as the Kissel Uptown Hotel.
https://www.atlashospitality.com/west-elm-hotel-plans-stall-with-lawsuit-involving-development-partner/

https://casetext.com/case/ddk-hotels-llc-v-williams-sonoma-inc

Edited by CLT2014

23 hours ago, stw52 said:

Anyone care to guess the crane count over the coming year vs the max crane count we had in the prior cycle? The boom is back.

Not sure if the Crane Count that’s on its way but this time it’s sure to be much more three dimensional as uptown will be wrapped with them from midtown, down Morehead and thru to Southend.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AP3 said:

Found a landscape plan for a portion of the STAX site on Accela (looks like one of the phases).  This project was initially to have ~700 multifamily (in 2 phases potentially).  Looks like it already has a name, Kairoi Loso.

https://www.kairoi.com/what-we-do/development/

They are rezoning an adjacent parcel that bounds CLanton, Blairhill, and 77.  

Kairoi Loso.PNG

This is another example of the city making all the right choices--as far as I can deduce from this schematic--for street connections within private developments. Not only are they planning on extending Blairhill, they're planning on constructing a CDOT-maintained street along the south boundary of the property, to also act as a buffer between it and the single family neighborhood. From the SE end angle of the new street, it very much looks to me like it can--hopefully will--connect to South Tryon directly opposite Yorkshire Drive, for (hopefully) an eventual full, signaled intersection. 

This is in addition to a N-S street within the development that looks as if it could eventually--with eminent domain exercised upon one house--be connected with Sarah Drive to the south. 

Based on these plans above, I'm reasonably optimistic the city will alter Blairhill's eastern terminus when that parcel is developed, for Blairhill's alignment with Tryclan, for another full, signaled intersection, at least eventually. (But why did they let Tryclan be given that dumb name, when it is seemingly to be combined/aligned with Blairhill, a much more sonorous name??)

So, if all this comes to fruition, the city gets an A- from me (docked points for allowing Tryclan to be a thing) for this plan to implement a nice, integrated street grid for this area.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

So that project is roughly located here?

956C5B3F-C440-4349-980D-C8D04864B8DC.jpeg

Farther east/right--basically it's the open field area. Those two buildings just below right of the Blairhill Road pin haven't been sold to the developer, and if you look on the landscape plan, they're the two parcels that are blank (if you look closely). The lot to their immediate right is where the N/S street is going to be plotted, to totally bisect the larger parcel. 

I don't know if it's as simple as they can more or less immediately break ground on the virgin land, and so they're going to develop the Tryon fronting parcel later, or if other factors are in play. I would guess the Tryon parcel will require more investment because I assume it's going to be more intense/larger/taller... 

• Thanks 1