SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

1 hour ago, carolinaboy said:

Which project is this near Hub Southend?

that is the Kettler Akridge project 2 developers out of DC

https://www.kettler.com/news/2044-akridge-and-kettler-expand-multifamily-offering-in-charlotte-through-the-acquisition-of-dunavant-and-distribution

here is the 8 story apartment complex on Dunavant and Hawkins

http://www.akridge.com/property/151/2200DunavantStreet#description

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Prodev said:

That's the actual office building. It's pre-cast concrete construction, which is what most parking decks are. 

Yes, that's almost always the case for parking decks.  The DEC is actually a precast/double-tee construction similar to this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, atlrvr said:

I had heard Steelyard was being looked at, so I'll guess there.

Woah. I honestly thought those buildings were safe. How many old buildings is this city going to tear down when we have so much empty land  /less significant buildings to replace?

Woah. I honestly thought those buildings were safe. How many old buildings is this city going to tear down when we have so much empty land  /less significant buildings to replace?

Hopefully it’s where the steelyard parking deck is then…so just next door i hope.

8 hours ago, MothBeast said:

Are those buildings historic?  Or were they built to look historic?  I feel like they were built in the 90’s.  I could be wrong, but thought someone told me that at one point. 

The owners confirm that? I guess. Says 1930s.

https://www.trinity-partners.com/listings/steel-yard
Only the north building is historic/old. The other two and deck were built in '97. 

So maybe the other ones will go but the one built in 1930s will stay. It’s a nice brick building. Would be a shame to see it go.

From what I am reading just the parking garage wrapped building is new (and looks it). The two on either side are from the 30s. If they just replace the garage and wrapped building that is still enough space I think for a tower. Don’t touch Sullivans is all I’m saying. Or the general store across the street. The bs about widening south blvd has to stop, it’s not happening and we can’t lose some of the last original buildings in the neighborhood

Edited by Guest