SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

Will put this here until we get height plans and see if this qualifies as highrise.

Highwoods Properties is under contract to buy 1426 S Tryon (the ABC store and giant surface lot) for $27mm.

They are planning 300k sf of office fronting Tryon and 250 apartments fronting Winnifred.

I suspect both will be 12-15 stories, but that height is pure speculation on my part.  

They close in the land next month.  Not sure when the break ground.  Also, not positive if there is a tenant lined up.  Someone a few months ago hinted yes, but I'm unsure on that.

I heard about this one and they supposedly have an anchor for this tower. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Windsurfer said:

Uptown is almost solid granite...one reason we can have such tall buildings.  Anyone remember how long it took for the parking under DEC?  Requiring all that blasting would just send more taller buildings farther away from the center where they wouldn't have to worry about requirements at all.

Oh yeah. And that hole in general was crazy deep. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RANYC said:

Just thinking about how much energy there is along the light rail in south end.  Also talked to an insider on The Pass yesterday and how those developers currently grinding through integrating the blue line into the project.  These light rails are insanely stimulative and create dynamic spaces with TOD zoning, and while Envision My Ride is surely important and “quaint,” I profoundly disagree with not putting some degree of new light rail in motion as quickly as possible.  Anyone running on “envision my ride” only doesn’t have my vote.  

yes, a bit of a non-Sequitur, but CLT dev comments on a wave of forthcoming high rises brought up the role of our transit choices in sustaining this dynamism.

I don't think its a non-sequitur at all, its an essential observation, as we need to invest now.,

• Like 1

Anything with concrete construction, even with poured onto steel deck, would be a welcome improvement for living conditions for the tenants. Brick facing a major improvement to esthetics. Well concealed parking would have to accompany these improvements as any less would be absurd.  

These 5/1 structures will come down with dramatic speed and recycle nicely.

• Like 4

On 5/15/2022 at 9:33 AM, kermit said:

3) My big dog really enjoyed herself (but this is irrelevant to Southend midrises)

Interesting that you neglected to brighten our days with a photo of your big dog -- especially if it was big and fluffy and kind of a diva goofball

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2022 at 2:57 PM, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Just drove by Tryon/Remount and it looked like soil samples were taking place in the lot of the auto shop on the corner.  Not sure what/if anything is being planned.  Or if maybe it's part of a land sale..  Anyone know?

https://charlotte.axios.com/297684/local-developer-buys-four-sites-at-the-corner-of-south-tryon-and-remount-road/

Self five for actually paying attention enough to notice this earlier in the year lol

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2