SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

On 1/22/2023 at 7:31 PM, KJHburg said:

I walk around the other day in Southend for the first time in a couple weeks and everything is bigger including these apartments on Dunavant.  New apartments starting to rise a couple floors along the Rail Trail.   Crazy cherry trees blooming in the false spring after the deep freeze. 

20230121_105347.jpg

20230121_105412.jpg

20230121_105435.jpg

20230121_105442.jpg

20230121_105535.jpg

20230121_105539.jpg

20230121_105618.jpg

20230121_110112.jpg

20230121_110117.jpg

20230121_110440.jpg

Wait. Trees are in bloom there? In January?!?!

• Like 2

New renderings of the "updated" Morehead Square (now Carson Station) with new retail, but also this shows the new mid-rise apartments that will be wrapping the expanded parking deck (that currently faced Morehead Sq Dr and Carson).

image.thumb.png.3916d39ee2eff9fe79fdf8d17ec071e6.png
http://content.invisioncic.com/x329420/monthly_2023_01/image.thumb.png.81c27f89084f39b85aacc466a1132c6c.png

I love how they included the pedestrian bridge and Queensbridge collective in the renderings!
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 12:45 PM, KJHburg said:

it was very warm after the deep freeze around Christmas so the cherry trees (easily fooled of the trees) thought it had to be spring.  then will bloom again in the real spring too.  

City of the flowering trees.  If you think about it, we have things blossoming all year.  Crepe myrtles in the heat of summer, cherry blossoms in January and certainly feb.  What blooms here in fall?

2 hours ago, RANYC said:

City of the flowering trees.  If you think about it, we have things blossoming all year.  Crepe myrtles in the heat of summer, cherry blossoms in January and certainly feb.  What blooms here in fall?

that is when all our trees put on such brilliant colors no other flowering trees are needed.    

and to follow up my allergies tell me all the trees are budding early this year will we have one last blast of really cold air?  I think so but maybe it will be brief. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, go_vertical said:

There is construction fencing up at the southwest corner of Clanton and Tryon.  The branding said "something" Mill Residential, wasn't able to catch it all as I passed by.  Anyone have any info on what might be going up here.?

Mill Residential is an apartment developer.  Not sure how many units they are building there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/18/2023 at 3:27 PM, go_vertical said:

There is construction fencing up at the southwest corner of Clanton and Tryon.  The branding said "something" Mill Residential, wasn't able to catch it all as I passed by.  Anyone have any info on what might be going up here.?

It's the project just north of Clanton on Tryon by Mill Creek. They're just using this corner lot for materials storage. 

Edited by Prodev
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2023 at 7:59 PM, KJHburg said:

https://millcreekplaces.com/community/modera-loso/   I think this is the apartment complex going up at Clanton and S Tryon by Mill Creek 

Wow - Planned 7 Story Building here will have pretty nice/unobstructed views of Uptown and South End Towers in the coming years.

• Like 1