SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

Not trying to be difficult, but from that article.

Mark Tipton, a developer with NRP based in Raleigh, says the company expects to close on the property before the end of 2013 and break ground in the first quarter of 2014. Most of the complex will be four stories of residential over two levels of parking, but along Morehead and Carson the complex will be five stories of residential, Tipton says. The majority of the units will be one-bedroom, while about a third of the units will have two bedrooms.

So, this development is moving forward as planned.   The renderings have been posted on here, and nothing has changed since then.

• Like 2

^Well, considering CBJ is across the street, there hasn't been an update about the project since last July.  Any new info since this?:  

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2013/07/rendering-a-look-at-nrps-morehead.html

There was debate about the architecture in this forum.  Looks a lot like 1225... 

It doesn't really look anything like 1225. I think it has better scale, massing and materials. There is also 7 townhome stoops along Carson and Church. Its a little weird to me that the tallest portion is along side Carson. It maybe not be award winning design, but the the companies other projects turned out decently.

post-17104-0-96119400-1392822342_thumb.p

post-17104-0-97378000-1392822343_thumb.p

post-17104-0-83627100-1392822344_thumb.p

post-17104-0-68282300-1392822346_thumb.p

post-17104-0-43015900-1392822348_thumb.p

I really like that the height changes in places, Its not just one even box like 1225.

Again its not perfect, but it'll bring foot traffic to an area devoid of much of anything.

Edited by Guest

Not trying to be difficult, but from that article.

So, this development is moving forward as planned.   The renderings have been posted on here, and nothing has changed since then.

Yup, moving forward as planned....these updates aren't the worst given the Vue, 210, and The Park which all stalled.  They are going to be vertical on the project by the end of March. 

^The scale of this project is great IMO. Like RD said, it will add a lot of foot traffic to this area. Just amazes me how much this area outside the 277 loop will have changed. #Density

Thank goodness too. I wish I could find a picture OF SouthEnd from the 90s.

It doesn't really look anything like 1225. I think it has better scale, massing and materials. There is also 7 townhome stoops along Carson and Church. Its a little weird to me that the tallest portion is along side Carson. It maybe not be award winning design, but the the companies other projects turned out decently.

attachicon.gif

I really like that the height changes in places, Its not just one even box like 1225.

Again its not perfect, but it'll bring foot traffic to an area devoid of much of anything.

I was looking for commentary like yours, always insightful, always in the know of what's going on... Gracias

Does anyone know what is in store for this blighted block next to 1225 phase II and the new development at the corner of Winnifred & Catherine?

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=28203&hl=en&ll=35.219141,-80.854059&spn=0.00139,0.002064&sll=33.017876,-80.175476&sspn=2.065709,4.22699&hnear=Charlotte,+North+Carolina+28203&t=h&z=20

It's definitely a relic of what S. End looked like in the 90's and earlier...

Edited by ChessieCat

That'd be 1220 South Tryon, which as far as I know has no plans made for it.

It is a super duper cool building and I hope someone redoes it instead of demolishing it. I would do apartments like the ones on Catherine with podium parking underneath it on the left side and keep the building on the right for office space and a unique retail spot.

Edited by Guest

Agree.  Thank god for David Furman.

Too bad he couldn't have been involved with the Mercury NoDa project.  Definitely would have turned out much better...

I notice there are no renderings of the back side of the building (given his past performance. not Mr Furman's strong suit).  I'm guessing the rear two sides are concrete slabs of parking deck?