SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

I notice there are no renderings of the back side of the building (given his past performance. not Mr Furman's strong suit).  I'm guessing the rear two sides are concrete slabs of parking deck?

Given the L shape of the retail and office space wrapping around the deck, I think you'll have 1/3 of the north and west facing sides with some windows and finished facade, and hopefully they'll make the deck look a little better than a concrete slab. I'm ok with the parking not being fully wrapped since its butting up right next to the other buildings, and it was probably the only way to do a non-podium deck on a site this small. 

http://www.southendleasing.com/1616info/

Yeah, two sides will be open Deck, but the only views of those sides will be for those living in the Park & Kingston Apartments and from the parking lot behind Price's Chicken and that office building on the corner of Camden and Park. So if the sides of the deck have to be open, at least they're looking inward on the block and not on the street or rail line, like so many of the existing decks in South End.

Does anyone know about the parcel of land between West Blvd and Kingston on the east side of Tryon? There used to be a "For Sale" sign on the empty land there, but it's been taken down and now they've roped off the land borders next to the sketchy house beside Saucemen's. All the guys that are outside that house drinking 40s at 8a.m. every morning have had their outdoor space cramped now. They're still there, just on their side of the caution tape.

Does anyone know about the parcel of land between West Blvd and Kingston on the east side of Tryon? There used to be a "For Sale" sign on the empty land there, but it's been taken down and now they've roped off the land borders next to the sketchy house beside Saucemen's. All the guys that are outside that house drinking 40s at 8a.m. every morning have had their outdoor space cramped now. They're still there, just on their side of the caution tape.

Ha-ha, I actually noticed that yesterday.  That house cracks me up.  I'll drive by on my way home and there will be like 30 people hanging around a fire pit stroking beers.  

The narrow strip of land fronting S Tryon between Carson and Palmer (where the leasing office parking for Camden South End currently is) looks like it might see 11 townhomes go there.  This would be really cool, especially if there were brownstone style stoops fronting Carson.

They would need to be pretty big/expensive to justify anything near what Harris Development is asking for that piece of land (guessing $550k-$650k/unit).  I hope this works out, because it would be nice to see more for-sale product in South End.

The narrow strip of land fronting S Tryon between Carson and Palmer (where the leasing office parking for Camden South End currently is) looks like it might see 11 townhomes go there.  This would be really cool, especially if there were brownstone style stoops fronting Carson.

They would need to be pretty big/expensive to justify anything near what Harris Development is asking for that piece of land (guessing $550k-$650k/unit).  I hope this works out, because it would be nice to see more for-sale product in South End.

Oh that'd be AWESOME! Might be out of my price range for investment, but would be a great place to have a townhome, a stones throw from Carson Street Station.

It's unusual to have a full-size crane like this for a 5 story stick-built apartment building right? Summit & Church for example is 5 stories over 2 stories of parking and is not using a crane. 

Usually yes, however the footprint of 1100 is much larger than that of Summit & Church and includes 4 internal courtyards so they may need the increased reach of a tower crane to reach across the site.

The Wilmore Neighborhood Association newsletter actually discussed this park in it's latest issues. Sounds like the WNA needs to do some fundraising to get the park construction moving (which seemed bizarre to me but...) . Long story short, it sounds like the park is still in the works, but it may be a while.