SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

It looks like Marsh properties is moving forward with "Phase 2" of Park and Kingston.  They are looking at adding a small building at the corner of Park and St Tryon to replace the white house there that was previously a boarding home.  The additional building is only supposed to be 15 units, which is cool.  Hopefully it will be architecturally distinct from the rest of the project.

It looks like Marsh properties is moving forward with "Phase 2" of Park and Kingston.  They are looking at adding a small building at the corner of Park and St Tryon to replace the white house there that was previously a boarding home.  The additional building is only supposed to be 15 units, which is cool.  Hopefully it will be architecturally distinct from the rest of the project.

So that's what that white house was. Do you happen to know what that other white house is used for, the one behind Saucemans? On the corner of stryon/west blvd. I noticed there was always a group of guys in the driveway. Now I see that area has been cleaned up and there are no trespassing signs. 

However before the signs, there would be 5-6guys there hanging early in the morning by a fire. 

How many stories?

• 2 weeks later...

Larger (and new) renderings of 1616 Camden, the Furman office/retail project at Kingston/Camden.

http://axiomarchitecture.com/projects/on-the-boards/1616-center/

I'm really hopeful for this project to come to fruition, but office is so tough to get done right now.

I feel like boutique projects have more hope than skyscrapers. I think this project has a shot to break ground by 4th qtr 2014 or first qtr 2015. I hope so, because this is my favorite of everything going on in center city.

Larger (and new) renderings of 1616 Camden, the Furman office/retail project at Kingston/Camden.

http://axiomarchitecture.com/projects/on-the-boards/1616-center/

I'm really hopeful for this project to come to fruition, but office is so tough to get done right now.

I hope we get the spider bicep statue from the second rendering as well.

I hope we get the spider bicep statue from the second rendering as well.

It's actually a chicken wing and is an homage to Price's.

Furman presented during last month's South End meeting where he mentioned that the restaurant tenants are lined up (he's going with a local group -- no national chains) and is still working on getting a large office tenant to commit.

• Like 1

^ did he indicate any office prospects? 

Random comment, but I can't believe how active the rail trail is with bikers, runners, etc after work.  It's really an amazing number of people utilizing it on warmer weather days.  I really hope the park concept along the trail takes off, as this could be a really great addition to the city.

BTW, it looks like the small 3 story office building on Dunavant is moving forward.  I hope its a catalyst to renovate or replace the rest of the buildings there, and get sidewalks on that side of the street as well. 

Driving up Camden today I noticed a sign in the grass lot across from Phat Burrito where all the food trucks park. All it said was "100 W Park Ave. ground leasing available" or something to that effect. Anyone know about this?

NO TRUCKING WAY!!!! That'd be amazing if something was going there!

Driving up Camden today I noticed a sign in the grass lot across from Phat Burrito where all the food trucks park. All it said was "100 W Park Ave. ground leasing available" or something to that effect. Anyone know about this?

That sign has been there on and off for years. It's available, but there's nothing planned or in the works. 

• Like 1

Kinda defeats the purpose of Food Truck Friday :dontknow:

Food trucks line up between 55th and 57th on Broadway near my office. It's a great experience, there are usually a dozen or so.

The same could be done along south blvd in front of stache house, carrabas, and etc.

I've also been to food truck rallies in south street seaport in NYC and in a parking lot on fort mason in San Francisco.

People make rallies work in far larger cities with far less space, so can we.

Just close Camden Rd between Park and Tryon every Friday night, parking the food trucks along the street.

That...

Would be amazing. Plus close off the street and sell alcohol.

Edited by Guest

Dharma Lounge will be closing in June.  This makes me extremely sad.  Their lease is up and they wanted to sign another year but only had the option of signing 5 years.  I heard a restaurant is opening in its place.  I had some great times there.  Sad to see it go.