Nashville Wiki

RON-E

Hi, I have a lot of free time on my hands and a good knowledge of the city. I was wondering if there was a dedicated nashville wiki out there. and if not would anyone be interested if one were created? i could do this. I would need participation from lots of people. hopefully there is a base for it.

just let me know!

ron-e

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think so. If you want to develop that Wiki get in touch with Jice and collaborate. I am sure he would be more than interested in having help developing the Wiki page as he has actively asked for help from forumers in doing so. All it takes in people with the interest, time, and willingness to work on it.

Some help would be greatly appreciated... the Nashville wiki page I started is still in its infancy... I have not had the time to work on it as much as i'd like to... so feel free to pitch in if you can.

The only problem, though, is.. in order to edit the wiki pages, you must be a member of Members+, OR (I believe) have a paid subscription to UrbanPlanet. Members+ status is obtained at 100 or more posts in the forums.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/Members-...ber-t36790.html

It's not a bad idea.. although, I don't see the difference between the UP Wiki and a full fledged wiki. The UP wiki runs MediaWiki software, same as what Wikipedia uses.

I've already put quite a bit of work into the wiki here... mostly by myself. I think the main problem with developing a seperate wiki site is going to be getting people to help out with it. I mean, we have quite a few forumers here... but... besides me, there has been (last time i checked) only 1 other person who edited the current Nashville wiki page. A few others have expressed interest in helping with it... those have all been fairly new members who are not yet allowed to edit the wiki, however (as in.. they have less than 100 posts).

i too use mediawiki, i am sending you a link to the site, which is way underdevloped as i just started modding it today.

i think a full database of buildings with their own pages, developments database, neighborhoods, etc. is what i think it should be.

the nashville wiki page here, which is good, is only really one page and i think we need a database of stuff for nashville. lots to learn from, and help with.

oh yeah, to answer the question of who would help. it would only take a couple of dedicated editors. i am one. i have a lot of free time on my hands these days, and have been building websites for 5 years now. and i have a long history of knowing about nashville development, buildings, etc.

one or two more people who know a lot about nashville, and it will creat interest. we have to get it to the point where this is actually info though. i am in the process of doing this now.

i too use mediawiki, i am sending you a link to the site, which is way underdevloped as i just started modding it today.

i think a full database of buildings with their own pages, developments database, neighborhoods, etc. is what i think it should be.

the nashville wiki page here, which is good, is only really one page and i think we need a database of stuff for nashville. lots to learn from, and help with.

oh yeah, to answer the question of who would help. it would only take a couple of dedicated editors. i am one. i have a lot of free time on my hands these days, and have been building websites for 5 years now. and i have a long history of knowing about nashville development, buildings, etc.

one or two more people who know a lot about nashville, and it will creat interest. we have to get it to the point where this is actually info though. i am in the process of doing this now.

i can, and its expected. it takes a lot of hard work, people work or have other things beyond loving nashville development. lol

i am going to do it, and see where it goes. if you do feel like you want to join in over there, i will go ahead and make you a moderator, based on your experience and drive to creat the one that is over here at UP also.

just let me know....

oh yeah, did you check it out? the link i sent you?

i can, and its expected. it takes a lot of hard work, people work or have other things beyond loving nashville development. lol

i am going to do it, and see where it goes. if you do feel like you want to join in over there, i will go ahead and make you a moderator, based on your experience and drive to creat the one that is over here at UP also.

just let me know....

oh yeah, did you check it out? the link i sent you?

Albeit I have succumbed to the pressure of running the wiki on my own, it is an urban development blog for Nashville now. Along with a gallery. I am going to get to work here on this wiki and help expand it to what Nashville should have. I know I have a few posts to go before that or money to pay. But anyhoo, I am going to stick to the light stuff, lol

Albeit I have succumbed to the pressure of running the wiki on my own, it is an urban development blog for Nashville now. Along with a gallery. I am going to get to work here on this wiki and help expand it to what Nashville should have. I know I have a few posts to go before that or money to pay. But anyhoo, I am going to stick to the light stuff, lol

dont appologize. i never expected a bunch of people in the begining, especially since there is hardly anything there. the task almost seems daunting when you think about how much stuff you have to put into a wiki, and not that i didnt want to do it, its just that it would take a long long ime with just a few people. the blog, i can keep up with easily, and people can still benefit from it.

thanks for the interest though jice. when i hit 100, you can add me to the list of people who help with the nashville wiki. i already have great vision and plans for what i want to help with!

Sounds like a plan, man.

Meanwhile... what does anyone think about what I did to the 'Current Projects - CBD' section a while back?? I was thinking of doing the same thing for all the other sections too... or something similar anyway...

Archived