Need some hotel advice

grnd

My sister, husband, and three kids are going to be coming up from Chicago to visit us in GR sometime in the next month or so. They want to stay at a hotel with a pool. Given that the weather is likely to be

crummy, I suspect we will be spending a lot of time with the kids at the pool. Which hotel in or around GR has the best pool for kids? The websites for the major hotels in the area are surprisingly sparse with pictures.

All advice taken at this window. Thanks.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the best deal and clean water in the pool would be the holiday on Ann Street. It's not a holiday Inn now . It's right there at Ann street and the xway. I know they keep the water clean for swimming.

My sister, husband, and three kids are going to be coming up from Chicago to visit us in GR sometime in the next month or so. They want to stay at a hotel with a pool. Given that the weather is likely to be

crummy, I suspect we will be spending a lot of time with the kids at the pool. Which hotel in or around GR has the best pool for kids? The websites for the major hotels in the area are surprisingly sparse with pictures.

All advice taken at this window. Thanks.

The Holiday Inn Express South (Byron Center) has an indoor waterslide, but I've heard a lot of not-so-great things about it lately (cold pool, bad service, etc.). The Ramada Inn near Woodland Mall also has a waterslide, but the pool was freezing cold when we stayed there last winter.

What about the Amway Grand? Centrally located, and it's cool to walk around the entire hotel and admire the old architecture and size of it. I see they have family packages:

http://www.amwaygrand.com/family_packages.html

Plus, the ice skating rink will probably still be open through March.

There is this great new indoor waterpark resort downtown, that's connected to a big mall where the fam can go shopping at a bunch of stores including a Nordstrom, Lucky Strike bowling alley, movie theater, Dave & Busters, and a new interactive "alternative energy" science museum and aquarium. Oh wait.....

Stay in your area and don't burn the gas. Drive up to Schaumberg and stay at the Renissance (Marriott). Unbelievable hotel and the BEST hotel pool/work out set up I have EVER seen. Except maybe the Club Sport Marriott in Walnut Creek, CA - but that communte would be even longer.

Stay in your area and don't burn the gas. Drive up to Schaumberg and stay at the Renissance (Marriott). Unbelievable hotel and the BEST hotel pool/work out set up I have EVER seen. Except maybe the Club Sport Marriott in Walnut Creek, CA - but that communte would be even longer.

Archived