Building Explodes in Eastown

numstead

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"With power out, debris everywhere and windows shattered by Tuesday's blast concussion, some business owners expected to remain closed today."

Perhaps someone can provide an updated list of businesses not open. Would hate to see more posts complaining, "I tried to come buy something from you but you were closed."

[on a biz trip, watching from afar]

A room-mate of mine was in the neighbourhood when it blew. He was leaving from across the street at the party store heading towards his car when he heard the explosion and felt the ground shake. A short time before it blew, I was out biking around GR.. was in East Hills @ Lake Drive headed towards East Grand Rapids, but suddenly decided not to go and turned back towards downtown. Rather scary to think that if I had continued on, I probably would've stopped in Eastown and could've been injured. I'm amazed nobody was killed.

Archived