Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo

Videos of rail transit around the world...

15 posts in this topic

I love watching video clips of transit systems around the world, from subway systems in New York City to bullet train systems in Japan. I'm sure I'm not the only one so feel free to share any great videos you've come across!

Little Metro subway in Israel (very odd system that is on an incline):

One of the fastest trains in the world:

Light rail system from my own city (Charlotte):

Here are some choice videos from my lifelink, the PATH subway system:

"PATH Train arriving at World Trade Center Station" (view from bottom of Ground 0 Pit)

I do too Neo. ^_^

Check out this one in India:

Minneapolis Light Rail: the following videos capture the entire Hiawatha route from downtown MPLS. to the MOA

Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. Airport Lindbergh Terminal Tram:

I do too Neo. ^_^

Check out this one in India:

">

Charlotte's first light rail line opened last November. The first video is a tour going into downtown. The second is leftovers/additional video.

Here is a video of the NYC subway in 1905:

Neo, thanks for posting that video. Very cool! It unusual to see candid video from that time. I was trying to listen to the track announcer at Times square and it sounded like he said something about an express train. They had express trains in 1905? I would have assumed it was a single track per side back then. I have always wondered how NYC ended up with the dual-track express system anyway. From my experience, it is quite rare. Any history on when and why?

Neo, thanks for posting that video. Very cool! It unusual to see candid video from that time. I was trying to listen to the track announcer at Times square and it sounded like he said something about an express train. They had express trains in 1905? I would have assumed it was a single track per side back then. I have always wondered how NYC ended up with the dual-track express system anyway. From my experience, it is quite rare. Any history on when and why?

Looks like the system did have express lines back then:

1906_IRT_map_south.gif

Check out this video from a camera mounted on the front of a Barcelona streetcar in 1908:

^ Thanks for the ride! Here's a similar view of Dubai's Metro, though not sped up:

Here is a video of the NYC subway in 1905:

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3RjHPmU2vk&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&showsearch=0&color1=0x3E5574&color2=0xB9C9D6"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3RjHPmU2vk&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&showsearch=0&color1=0x3E5574&color2=0xB9C9D6"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3RjHPmU2vk&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&showsearch=0&color1=0x3E5574&color2=0xB9C9D6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

I thought audio wasn't added to video until the 1920's? Perhaps the audio was incorporated recently.