University City Projects/News

Andyc545

9 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

The main benefit is that the new development will utilize the waterfront to it’s full potential rather than have the back of a shopping center fronting it. I’m not sure what phase 2 includes, but I’m assuming it will be some sort of town center style development where the existing parking lots currently are along with some parking decks. 

Bingo 2nd phase includes parking decks and more office and apartments.   and yes this site when proposed back in the 1980s was an open air mall by Hahn Company of San Diego and it devolved into a big box strip center so this plan is a massive improvement over that.   

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The new Escent office building by Crescent in University Research Park and the new United Rentals corporate office not the HQ (yet) 

this is one of those tilt up office buildings did not realize that.  These are very popular in warehouses but only a few office buildings here I think there was one at Ayrsley.  But these are done a lot in Texas and out west. 

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, rancenc said:

Townhouses under construction at the Aria @ the Park development on Governor Hunt Drive.  Took this from my 5th floor office today.

https://mattamyhomes.com/charlotte/communities/charlotte-aria-at-the-park.aspx

You should be able to see the cranes when they rise at the Centene HQ site as it is just to left of the townhomes across the street. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, rancenc said:

New medical park coming to the area at Highway 29 and Mallard Creek Church Road

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article246584233.html

I remember a former site plan on this lot for a fairly tall building. Don’t know if that’s still planned for this medical building. 

1 hour ago, Third Strike said:

I remember a former site plan on this lot for a fairly tall building. Don’t know if that’s still planned for this medical building. 

You are correct, I believe the proposed development at that time was going to be spearheaded by BankAmerica.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rancenc said:

You are correct, I believe the proposed development at that time was going to be spearheaded by BankAmerica.

Yes Bank of America bought it for satellite offices then sold it to Lincoln Harris who pitched it as a high rise office tower but now has sold to Novant. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seems like it was already noted once, but they definitely value engineered the crap out of the Marriott at UNCC. It’s not even gray brick, which I could’ve lived with. I’m actually pissed. Was this purely a cost saving measure? Or is it possible that Marriott (erroneously) assumed that people might mistake it for an academic building?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...