Downtown | Animal Arts Project

Florida

OK, then I would say from the general tone so far that maybe moving away from the Dolphin may be a better move. This board, in a very small way, represents many demographics of Tallahassee, and may likely mirror the whole city's view of the Dolphins. I just think the Dolphins scream Miami, which I thought we were trying to seperate from, and not to mention we're not on the water.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could spread the wings of the Egret if necessary. Remember, while the idea is to be unique and artistic, its also vital that we remain as classy/elegant as possible with this project. As stated before we want to avoid the "cheesy-touristy". BTW the group working on the project has decided to go back to the tablel and look at the Snowy Egret. It has quickly generated a buzz among us.

We could spread the wings of the Egret if necessary. Remember, while the idea is to be unique and artistic, its also vital that we remain as classy/elegant as possible with this project. As stated before we want to avoid the "cheesy-touristy". BTW the group working on the project has decided to go back to the tablel and look at the Snowy Egret. It has quickly generated a buzz among us.

You're right! However, TD, I added Gorilla only to humor you. :) The Committee members advised me to remove it and the horse because those are not animals we're prepared to move forward with. I apologize if I've disappointed you. But I'm confident, the three animals remaining in the competition will make excellent alternatives!

Examples why Snowy egret is a terrible idea.

"Hey, so you know those downtown animals in most cities, like the bulls in Chicago etc?"

"yea"

"well in Tallahassee we have the same idea except we have Snowy Egrets"

"whats a snowy egret?"

"its a bird"

"oh, well thats pretty lame"

Archived