March 8 Voting

brgrowth

Proposition 1: For the purpose of funding repairs and renovations, enhancing technology, construction of new classrooms and schools.

Proposition 2: For the purpose of improving discipline, providing for alternative education and reducing truancy in the public school system.

Proposition 3: For the purpose of MAINTAINING the current level of compensation for teachers and other school system employees in public schools.

Please support these propositions. This is NOT a new tax. Many improvements have been made in our schools with the funding from the last 5-year tax renewal. Many schools (Glascow Middle, Baton Rouge Magnet, McKinley High) have been named Blue Ribbon Schools as well as having students named National Merit Semifinalists. This renewal is needed to build/re-build Baton Rouge High, Lee High and other schools that are literally falling down. Please spread the word to all, and Please vote YES. Thank You

For More Information: www.ebrschools.org and look for the March 8 Renewal on the right, or http://www.ebrschools.org/eduWEB1/1000437/...newal_flyer.pdf

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I support it, but I don't live there anymore.

BR Magnet is one of the best in the state....and one thing is for sure....BR isn't a corrupted system like New Orleans. While it does have failing schools, it also has the best high school in the state. The money isn't going to line someone's pockets or to no show jobs like New Orleans.

Now that the deseg case is finally over, they can spend money on the students and facilities.

I love this country....I can be a complete republican on national elections and vote left on local levels if I feel that a particular situation requires more tax dollars or more government spending.

I'll vote YES! Improvements are badly needed. Baton Rouge HS is in desperate need of renovations; is supposed to get started later this year. And then Lee HS will hopefully be next after that. Both those schools are pathetic shape.

The new McKinley Middle looks great! The new Capitol Middle built a few years back is very nice. Woodlawn got a nice state-of-the-art HS and new Middle school too.

Improvements have/are being made; it's impotant to renew that tax.

I'll vote YES! Improvements are badly needed. Baton Rouge HS is in desperate need of renovations; is supposed to get started later this year. And then Lee HS will hopefully be next after that. Both those schools are pathetic shape.

The new McKinley Middle looks great! The new Capitol Middle built a few years back is very nice. Woodlawn got a nice state-of-the-art HS and new Middle school too.

Improvements have/are being made; it's impotant to renew that tax.

Archived