AT&T U-Verse coming to west Michigan

francishsu

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My reviews of the new AT&T U-verse service:

TV: I like it better in the fact that I wouldn't have to worry about outages due to storms. This was a problem I had to deal with on dish. I also like the fact that I get more channels than what I had for dish. I have the U200 Plan. I have three TV's hooked up to the service. 1 main DVR Receiver and 2 other receivers. With the DVR, I can record 4 shows at once, but haven't tested that yet. What I do not like though is that you cannot pause or rewind live TV from the non DVR Receivers. I can however pause and rewind TV from something that is on the DVR when I'm watching something from another TV. Also, I don't like the fact that you have to set up recordings from the main DVR receiver only. I can too set them up online, but want to be able to setup recordings from any TV. I still haven't figured out how to display channel I get only when viewing them in the guide.

Internet: I have the 3.0 Mbps internet and it seems fair.

Telephone: It's digital and seems fine. I couldn't remember if the 1000 minutes included both outgoing and incoming calls. So I called AT&T and they said it only applied to outgoing. What I forgot to ask was if calls to tech support counted as well.

Those are pretty much my reviews.

My reviews of the new AT&T U-verse service:

TV: I like it better in the fact that I wouldn't have to worry about outages due to storms. This was a problem I had to deal with on dish. I also like the fact that I get more channels than what I had for dish. I have the U200 Plan. I have three TV's hooked up to the service. 1 main DVR Receiver and 2 other receivers. With the DVR, I can record 4 shows at once, but haven't tested that yet. What I do not like though is that you cannot pause or rewind live TV from the non DVR Receivers. I can however pause and rewind TV from something that is on the DVR when I'm watching something from another TV. Also, I don't like the fact that you have to set up recordings from the main DVR receiver only. I can too set them up online, but want to be able to setup recordings from any TV. I still haven't figured out how to display channel I get only when viewing them in the guide.

Internet: I have the 3.0 Mbps internet and it seems fair.

Telephone: It's digital and seems fine. I couldn't remember if the 1000 minutes included both outgoing and incoming calls. So I called AT&T and they said it only applied to outgoing. What I forgot to ask was if calls to tech support counted as well.

Those are pretty much my reviews.

My only problem with Uverse is that the receivers don't display the time on them. I know I can get a clock and put it on the wall but having the time displayed on the receiver was really convenient with Comcast. Besides than that, I can't think of any other reason to switch back to Comcast.

Archived