Is Austin all just Computer Jobs?

LiveUrbanbutTalkCountry

Hi yall -

Growing up in Dallas, I got to see Austin quite a bit because my father thought Dallas was too big TEN YEARS AGO, so we moved to Memphis so we could be closer to relatives. I am going to graduate from Ole Miss hopefully in 2009 with a bachelors in Finance, minor in real estate. My fiance is a psychology major who is specializing in Autism Behavioral Analysis, masters. Is there a decent sector for good ol Austin hopefuls like us? Im dying to get back to my home state, and so is she (She was actually born in Houston, I told her I felt sorry for her ;) jk) and we love Austins charm, its indie scene, I am a huge music fan, and its much more affordable than our other options that are comparable in "scene" like Seattle or Portland, or maybe the Decatur area of Atlanta, Little Five Points, etc. Oh, and the low low low crime as it relates to other areas (ive lived in dallas and memphis) is a huge plus for us. Could anyone give me some information about the local economy and job growth? Id really appreciate it.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived