I-385

motonenterprises

Anyone know what the plans for 385 are? Its nice and wide in the city, bottlenecks after Woodruff Rd. and then is nice and wide again through Simpsonville. What gives? This doesn't make any sense to me and it backs up every morning going to Greenville and sometimes going to Simpsonville. Any discussion is appreciated.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on I-385 recently and thought the exact same thing. It makes no sense to have 3 lanes each way through Simpsonville and Fountain Inn and NOT have three lanes each way through Woodruff Road. Who made the stupid decision to delay widening it between I-85 and I-185?!? That stretch, plus the section between I-85 and downtown, is heavily traveled and very important. It's also nice to have the more suburban areas addressed, but still.

I'll bet more than a couple. With the DOTs problems the last few years, and the upstate's lack of representation in the state government, I85/I385 improvements are probably many years away. This should have just been done at the same time as the other expansions. And the longer they wait to address the 85/385/Woodruff interchange, the price will only go up exponentially.

I doubt we will see 4 to 5 lanes each way on I-385. I'd rather look at alternatives we have before adding lanes (i.e. rail transit from downtown through Cleveland Park through ICAR to Golden Strip).

I-185 and the southern connector has/is planned for three lanes in each direction.

I doubt we will see 4 to 5 lanes each way on I-385. I'd rather look at alternatives we have before adding lanes (i.e. rail transit from downtown through Cleveland Park through ICAR to Golden Strip).

I-185 and the southern connector has/is planned for three lanes in each direction.

Archived