Brewery Vivant coming to Cherry St

grcitydog

Brewery Vivant announced:

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2010/02/brewery_vivant_new_holland_bre.html

Some highlights:

) Owned by New Holland Brewery owner

) Hope to open by the Fall

) 140 seat taproom and restaurant in the old chapel on the property

) Partially covered outdoor beer garden and piazza facing Cherry

So i haven't much on this lately. When is it getting started?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Chris Knapp reports it opened yesterday:

link

Anybody have a review?

I was there on Day 2 and enjoyed it. They had 3 beers on tap (Saison, Amber-style & IPA.) I tried them all with the amber ending up as my favorite. They also had 2(?) wines on tap (yes, on tap) and explained that more beer and wine would be on tap shortly. The barkeep let me know that as far as food they are licensed and just waiting on getting stock & getting the chef up and going. She explained it would roll out slowly, with appetizers first, followed by entrees once they got into the flow of things.

I think they were wise to do a soft opening. It was packed! There was a waiting list to be seated though we found seats at the bar after a few minutes. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The atmosphere was awesome with several long tables in the center of the room and booths on the walls. One thing we found odd was that one must walk through the 'dining section' (the one with the waiting list) to get to the bar/standing room. Might be a little disruptive for diners.

Overall, I look forward to going back when the get food and the busyness calms down just a tad. Vivant complements the neighborhood well. Great place to have in town.

Archived