Midland

mitchella81

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well to start this topic off good news for the midland area. I have discovered that a new 204,000 square foot Walmart supercenter will hold it's grand opening this wednesday in that area. In addition to that A developer named Ben Billings will break ground later this spring on a new shopping center adjacent to the Wal-mart called Billings Cross. So far commited to the development are Cut's by Us hair salon, Sally's Beauty Supply, and A chinese resturant. A Mexican resturant may also be coming on board soon. The developer told the Columbus Ledger that he has had intrest from several tenants wanting to locate to that area that require between 10,000&15,000 square feet, but the billings Crossing will only offer up to 5,000 square foot parcels There will also be 4 large outparcels along gateway drive. It's pretty much open season for retails in this area. However, Wal-mart has asked Billings not to allow any Pharmacy's or Grocery Stores to locate in that area.

Possibly More good news for the midland area local ABC affiliate WTVM has announced that there are rumors circulating around that alot of new retail is headed to the midland area mainly next to the new gateway drive wal-mart, but some companies have also shown intrest in the JR Allen Parkway area across from Wendy's. Although nothing is set in stone yet there are rumors that indicate Fuddruckers, Starbucks, and Chik Fil-a are coming to the area. I remember seeing on here before that the owners of the local Fuddruckers had been showing an intrest in that area for a second location so hopefully the rumors are very close to becoming a reality

• 2 weeks later...

Midland development will be handicapped by the US80 Highway Overlay district and by particpant survey results in the CCG's Comprehensive Plan. Participants from the Panhandle indicated a desire for 2+ acre homesites which will keep rooftop densities too low to support additional retail beyond the US80/27Alt intersection.

• 2 months later...

The Billings Crossing Shopping center will open next to the Wal-mart supercenter in the Fall. Tenants include Cato, Shoe Show, Cuts By Us, Sallys Beauty Supply, A chinese resturant, and more. Also will include 2-3 outside parcel resturants spaces no names have been announced yet on those.

On a seperate note I have heard from a source that is realiable with info about 50% of the time that the land being cleared at the intersections of Flat Rock Road and J.R. Allen Parkway will be a new shopping center. Anchors will include Home Depot and Target since the swift deal failed they moved further down the highway. I don't know if this is true or not it seems like such a small area for two such large tenants. If anyone hears otherwise please post it here.

The Billings Crossing Shopping center will open next to the Wal-mart supercenter in the Fall. Tenants include Cato, Shoe Show, Cuts By Us, Sallys Beauty Supply, A chinese resturant, and more. Also will include 2-3 outside parcel resturants spaces no names have been announced yet on those.

On a seperate note I have heard from a source that is realiable with info about 50% of the time that the land being cleared at the intersections of Flat Rock Road and J.R. Allen Parkway will be a new shopping center. Anchors will include Home Depot and Target since the swift deal failed they moved further down the highway. I don't know if this is true or not it seems like such a small area for two such large tenants. If anyone hears otherwise please post it here.

Jacoby from Atlanta tried for months to attract this kind of development. But the lack of rooftops (and the inability to create enouth to the east given the Overlay district and lack of sewer) made it too difficult. Maybe someone else was able to pull it off...

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard from a very credible source that Super Target is going to locate in Midland. I will see what the status is.

• 7 months later...

The Midland Ace Hardware closed up shop about a month or so ago, but good news is a new tennat has agreed to open up shop at the building Tractor Supply Company is opening up a store at the location. As well as several new stores are preparing to open across from the Wal-mart supercenter in the billings crossing shopping center including, Cuts by us, Cato, Verizon Wireless, Sallys Bueaty supply, beds plus, and more.

The Midland Ace Hardware closed up shop about a month or so ago, but good news is a new tennat has agreed to open up shop at the building Tractor Supply Company is opening up a store at the location. As well as several new stores are preparing to open across from the Wal-mart supercenter in the billings crossing shopping center including, Cuts by us, Cato, Verizon Wireless, Sallys Bueaty supply, beds plus, and more.

Too bad about Ace. I shopped there a few times. But I can imagine if Home Depot is struggling, the smaller ACE must have been really hard hit.

• 1 month later...

Play-n-trade is opening another columbus location in the billings crossing shopping center on gateway drive double dragon chinese restuirant will also be opening in the center. Phase II of construction is set to begin soon on a second strip center no tennants for that phse have been announced yet

• 2 years later...

Midland has a couple new projects that are in the works in this area. On Gateway Drive in front of the Dollar tree and Verizon wireless store A new Ihop resturant has broke ground this will be the area's 4th store. Also in front of the Wal-marts Tire and Lube location a new Goo Goo Car Wash will be breaking ground soon. I keep hearing rumors that the area next to Chik Fil-a will soon be home to a new Arby's and Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robins.

Archived