Random Shots of San Francisco!

FourOneFive

I found these random pictures of San Francisco on my computer from various trips I've taken around the city. I thought I'd share them! Enjoy!

Classic San Francisco shot from Alamo Square:

large.jpg

A view of the Great Highway and Sunset District from Sutro Heights near the Cliff House: (notice the windmill in Golden Gate Park!)

original.jpg

The recently completed Metropolitan residential towers:

original.jpg

Bank of America clocktower at the Bay Bridge: (say goodbye to this sucker. it's going to be replaced by 2 residential towers; one will be over 500')

original.jpg

A view of the Bay Bridge looking down Harrison St:

original.jpg

A view of the Financial District from Rincon Hill: (who wouldn't pay for this?!?)

original.jpg

A sunny day at Baker Beach with a view of the Marin Headlands:

large.jpg

The million dollar homes of the Sea Cliff district which overlook the Golden Gate:

large.jpg

The Golden Gate Bridge: (can anyone see anything interesting about this pic?)

large.jpg

Another Golden Gate shot:

large.jpg

And to finish, a view of the sunset from Sutro Heights:

original.jpg

Don't you just love San Francisco? :D

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think san fran is cool looking. Especially, a bridge that is clear in view from the beach???.....That is cool. You just don't see things like that normally. Wow though. I do love their skyline too.

One question, I know it is san fran and I here it is cold alot or maybe I should say "cool" instead. I here the water is always cool is that true?

^ San Francisco's weather is typically cool and mild. In the winter, it rarely drops below 50 degrees (no snow), and in the summer, it rarely goes above 70 degrees with no humidity. The Bay Area is known for its extreme microclimates. In San Francisco, it may be 60 degrees, and 25 miles east in Eastern Contra Costa (Concord, for example), it'll be 80 degrees. San Francisco's weather even varies within its city limits. The downtown and Mission districts (on the eastern side of the city) are typically 5-10 degrees warmer than the western side of city (the Sunset and Richmond districts). As for the water, it's always cold. Only surfers in body suits dare challenge the Pacific Ocean here.

BTW That beach is Baker Beach. It is the only beach in San Francisco that allows nudity.

• 2 weeks later...

Back for a 2nd look-see.

I remember standing in about the same position as the 1st pic on my visit to San Fran. I remember so as I was looking at the view along with the architecture of the row of houses. Clear as day.

Nice shot of The Sunset District. I'm sure the apartments aren't as "Boot Camp" as what they appear.

Gee, I kinda like the BOM clock tower. :(

Can't get enough of the Bay and Golden Gate Bridges though.

LOL @ Neo. Put ya eyes back in their sockets! Obviously no top-less/nude beaches in your parts.

Care to share any more FourOneFive?

Archived