Organic Grocery Store in Statesboro

cyclingundertheson

Since 1999 UGA students that eat healthy has had the option to shop at Earth Fare which is an all natural and organic supermarket and cafe. Nearly a decade later ride down the bypass and Statesboro looks more and more like Athens. Now I feel that the Boro is ready for an Organic store with the health conscious students as well as the locals in the area. Which do you think would be a better fit for the Boro, Whole Foods or Earth Fare?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither.

The demographics simply aren't there to support a Whole Foods. Earth Fare would be more "doable", but I doubt with the highly transient nature of GSU students, leaving most rural "meat & taters" types behind, I don't see Statesboro as an especially appealing market for them either.

Your best bet is for some entrepreneur to come along & open a small organic store.

Archived