Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HopeGardensGuy

Problems with links to older Tennessean articles

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone else experienced a situation where a link to an article in the Tennessean that previously worked is now dead? It seems that the paper ages its links, such that after a certain time, that particular article is no longer available. At least not through the original link.

I wonder if there is an active process with the paper that virtually guarantees that this will happen, or is it something that just random articles will somehow get archived and not be available any longer?

Just a theory... by my guess is they are moved to the 'Archive' after a certain amount of time.

I think jice may be right on that. I have had the same issues, but I have accessed an old article from a Google search and sometimes it there. This may be a question for someone a lot more computer savvy than myself.

This is the wrong place for such a topic. We do have a coffee house forum. I recommend contacting them direct for info on how they run their website.

Contacting the Tennessean sounds like the best option for sure. Thanks for the recommendation.