LEED Certified Buildings in Nashville

smeagolsfree

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain the LEED rating such as LEED NC 2.2 or LEED CS 2.0. I've heard of silver, gold and platinum, but not this.

NC stands for New Construction (Acropolis as an example which probably simply hasn't registered yet).

CS stands for Core and Shell (1515 Demonbreun)

What is the 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, etc?

Those are the version numbers. Right now, New Construction is version number 2.2. There have been changes and ammendments to the system as problems arise over the years. Energy standards and points are more stringent now and things have become more specific as more releases occur.

Those are the version numbers. Right now, New Construction is version number 2.2. There have been changes and ammendments to the system as problems arise over the years. Energy standards and points are more stringent now and things have become more specific as more releases occur.

Interesting... so this leads me to believe that 1200 Laurel might be Griffin Plaza... do they put soon to be constructed projects or in development projects on this list?

Interesting... so this leads me to believe that 1200 Laurel might be Griffin Plaza... do they put soon to be constructed projects or in development projects on this list?

I would bet the answer to that would be if the developer has applied for LEED certification prior to breaking ground. Am I correct in that assumption?

I think 1201 Demonbreun and 1200 Laurel are the same project (one front Demonbreun, the other tower fronts Laurel).

I think 1201 Demonbreun and 1200 Laurel are the same project (one front Demonbreun, the other tower fronts Laurel).

That makes more sense, actually. Because Griffin Plaza is on the same side of the street as Laurel House, which is 1101. 1200 would be on the north side of the street.

I would bet the answer to that would be if the developer has applied for LEED certification prior to breaking ground. Am I correct in that assumption?

In short, it costs money to even register a project in the LEED database (but as easy as going to www.usgbc.org). Conceivably, you can fabricate a project on the website and register a make believe building if you are willing to pay the money to do so. Registered projects do not mean that the project is LEED certified, however. All the ones on the USGBC website are intended to be LEED certified but it is doubtful all will be.

From the City paper this morning.

http://e-paper.nashvillecitypaper.com/Repo...ish-skin-custom

Hopefully Nashville is starting to realize what Green actually means and more good legislation will come out of the Metro Council.

For me as long as a project is Green, I am not going to fret too much whether it is LEED or Earth-craft or whatever, as long as they meet the same general goals.

I am encouraged that Mayor Dean was committed to BRT. This is sorely needed in Nashville and cannot come soon enough for me.

For me as long as a project is Green, I am not going to fret too much whether it is LEED or Earth-craft or whatever, as long as they meet the same general goals.

I really think that projects not participating in these programs are short changing the larger goal/idea of making green buildings standard. The US went through a period of sustainable building design before (70's - see 1808 West End for Nashville precedent) but the initiative and design directive didn't stick around. Low and behold, 30 years later, we find ourselves doing the same thing but perhaps in a worse situation. Being a part of these programs put extra money into a system that is designed to make building green not only easier, but a standard for future design practice. If this was done successfully 30 years ago, who knows what we'd be looking at today. No asphalt shingles on homes? Fewer "tree holocaust" surface parking lots? Less chaotic urban drought situations (Atlanta). It is going to take the building industry extra work to make this possible, but we'll be better in the long run.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have driven by this project a couple of times and I think it is now open or very close to it.

I wish I now had time to work on my project here. Now I am tied up on other things mainly work.

If someone wants to take the info and compile a list of LEED buildings, please feel free. I am so disappointed that many planned projects have been canceled or put on hold. Oh well, such is life right now. Things will rebound at some point.

• 2 years later...

Archived