Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheshireguy

Bad National Attention

11 posts in this topic

Anyone who listens to the Opie and Anthony Show in the mornings on 107.3 probably heard the hoopla surrounding our own Dr. Robert Stokes and his crazy antics. For those of you who don't, here's the scoop:

The show is syndicated out of NYC (kind of like Howard Stern) and heard throughout the country. They read an article the other morning about a physician who may have contaminated 40,000 people wiht AIDS and Hepatitis. They left out the name of the city, and had their listeners call in to see if they were "safe".

"Yes, Jeff in Buffalo, you are safe". "Yes, Kevin in Queens, you are safe!" "Yes, Jill in Tampa, you too are safe". Then a guy from GR calls in and they razz him and the city about how many potentially sick people are here now. We all owe this f***head a big round of applause for embarrassing our city. Thanks alot, scumbag.

Rant complete.

Well I didn't hear the show so I don't know if they were just messing with the guy or what, but the article they read wasn't about Dr. Stokes. I assume it was an article about a Nevada health clinic. Article

The point is while the original story wasn't about Grand Rapids, someone from GR called up and let the nation know about "Dr. Robert Stokes and his crazy antics"... basically giving GR a black eye similar to the issue in Nevada

One wonders why anything about the buffoons Opie and Andy (or whatever they are called) would end up as a topic on UP.

One wonders why anything about the buffoons Opie and Andy (or whatever they are called) would end up as a topic on UP.

It's amazing that someone from GR actually called the show, based on the ratings it gets here.

Thanks for clearing this up , I guess I had my story a little off - but I think that even the biggest "buffoons" heard on national radio still carry a message. I hate our city getting dragged into bad pub because of some slime's tactics.

Do people who see these stories really judge our community based on them? I can't think of the last time I saw a story about an isolated corporate scandal or a scumbag doctor and said, "Wow, that whole town must be messed up."

Just sayin.

Do people who see these stories really judge our community based on them? I can't think of the last time I saw a story about an isolated corporate scandal or a scumbag doctor and said, "Wow, that whole town must be messed up."

Just sayin.