Charlotte-Mecklenburg Park and Recreation Master Plan

monsoon

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're referring to a project called Brooklyn Village. That was caught up in the whole land-swap debacle that Jerry Reese caused over the new Knights Ballpark (which is also why Bearden Park got held up).

We had a thread around here at one point, but I can't find it right now. It probably hasn't been discussed since 2007 or so. I feel like it was a thread about the baseball park, Bearden park and the 2nd Ward development/Brooklyn Village.

• 3 weeks later...

Walked around Marshall Park for the first time since moving here and was very saddened.

Besides the disrepair the park has fallen into I kept thinking of what a missed potential this area has. I would love to see the park expanded to the parking lots next door and have the water feature deeper and wider with paddle boats in them with a small outside terrace cafe available.

I am aware that the chances of this happening are nil (particularly with the Parks dept being gutted) but I just kept seeing the potential and felt myself getting depressed!

• 2 years later...

Archived