30 North

smeagolsfree

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a real fan of the design, but at least there are still smaller projects int he works. It looks pretty generic. One thing to note is that this will be a block off of West End. I dont think it will be real visible being only four stories. It will not even come up over the height of the trees. We have the good, the bad, and the ugly. At least this is not the ugly.

I agree that this is decent infill. Note that there is some varied detailing at the top as the building is designed to look like a collection of several different buildings. That actually may be better than having a whole block be one large version of one of the individual pieces. Everyone should be able to find something that he/she likes!

This development kind of reminds me of the faux-industrial lofts at 8th and Wedgewood in some ways.

I wonder what kind of tenants would go into such a non-eye-catching building. Doctors' offices and such?

I spoke to William and he said there will be no first level retail and the whole building would be office condos. I would say Doctors, Lawyers, and Dentist type offices would be the norm. They would of course own thier unit, and it would be just like a home condo association as well to take care of building management and such. The owners would be free to sell the unit too, hopefully for a profit.

I believe that is is the way these types of developments run. It could be a little different but not much, I wouldn't think.

• 4 months later...

Spoke to William a little while ago and he said this project is now under construction. I have not been over that way in a couple of weeks.

I am going to really try and take a Bunch of photos this weekend, before and after the forum meet and maybe more on Sunday. My time is freeing up a little, so you guys may be seeing more of me for a while anyway.

Spoke to William a little while ago and he said this project is now under construction. I have not been over that way in a couple of weeks.

I am going to really try and take a Bunch of photos this weekend, before and after the forum meet and maybe more on Sunday. My time is freeing up a little, so you guys may be seeing more of me for a while anyway.

Archived