1206 East Main

Justiceham

New old architecture town homes will front Main Street if approved by the city council. Plans are to build more town homes next to some on Fourth Avenue and Main. However, these will have a different architecture and include retail and office components. What are your views?

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/.../803110306/1088

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an update and rendering of the proposed development. I think this type of development is exactly what MTSU needs and should line East Main Street. East Main Street will be a vital corridor as the campus develops or re-develops this side of campus. This will bring life and correct the pedestrian crossing to the street similar to development lining 21st avenue around the Vandy Campus. I just hope it's built to the street.

http://www.murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=10127

Edited by Justiceham

Although the article was a little confusing as to the location--does it front E.Main or Middle TN somewhwere between E.Main and Mercury?--I'm really excited about this. If the latter is the case the development won't really be adjacent to campus, although still really close. I also live on 2nd and think M'boro has missed the boat for far too long in regards to urbanizing the areas adjacent to campus. It would be great to reintegrate commercial spaces into all the great neighborhoods between downtown and campus. The grid is there, as well as sidewalks in most areas. I'm sure many residents would oppose "increased traffic," but in reality this kind of development would promote increased foot traffic and transit.

I look forward to hearing more about this.