Catalyst vs. the Park vs. Smith Curry Tower

This is a question that's been tossed about for a while on UP. If seen by an outsider, it would seem to be an absurd question. But as every day goes by it is starting to look like a legitimate thing to ask.

The Park is going on 8 years (?)...and as we speak, only 10 or so people are working on the building. It sits and sits and sits.

The Smith Curry Tower has also been going on for ages. Are any workers even there working on it these days?

But the Catalyst is a totally different story. Probably all of us are impressed with the amazingly fast construction. So that seriously makes us wonder if the Catalyst might actually be completed before the two other current (and laggard) condo projects.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the 2 others continue at the same pace, my money is definitely on Catalyst. The sad thing is, there really isn't that much more to do on the other towers other than facade and interior work. They've both topped out, and Catalyst is maybe halfway up.

Btw, Novare knows how to put up a building. They have their stuff down to a science.

I think Wachovia and the NHOF will be open before either The Park or The Tower are. It will probably be the opening of NHOF that embarrasses the city enough to do something about the two stalled projects right next to it. :o

I'm pretty much assuming that the Tower is dead until after the recession. I believe that the Park will continue to completion, but it is slow going as I'm sure they are needing to be clever on cash flow and financing. I would bet that Catalyst gets completed around the same time as the Park, but I have more confidence about Catalyst as they obviously have the money and have the hardcore builder.

I don't really care about the Tower, although it would be nice if they could at least finish the facade so that it can look relatively done. I didn't think they were that far away from doing that, but I guess they have no money at all (I still want to see them convert it to more hotel space -- that is a much better use for that space across from the hall of fame).

I do want the Park to finish, mostly because I am ready for the epic saga to be over. Those people have waited long enough to move in, and I want to see it being lived in and having people walking around that area.

I'm pretty much assuming that the Tower is dead until after the recession. I believe that the Park will continue to completion, but it is slow going as I'm sure they are needing to be clever on cash flow and financing.

I don't really care about the Tower, although it would be nice if they could at least finish the facade so that it can look relatively done. I didn't think they were that far away from doing that, but I guess they have no money at all (I still want to see them convert it to more hotel space -- that is a much better use for that space across from the hall of fame).

Hey, that is probably the way to do if they are. Just keep a tiny budget and see how far they get until they can figure out what to do. Although people have more workers in their houses when they redo a kitchen, so I'm not sure how effective it will be in the end.

• 5 months later...

Archived