RI Statewide Historic Preservation Conference

riari

OK, nobody saw this over in the RI forum, so I'm acting locally and thinking statewide.

Preservation conference. West Side/South Side Providence (plus a bit of Elmhurst and Mt. Pleasant). Yo!

Coming up soon...register now!

Preservation Past, Present, and Future

Organized by RI Historical Preservation & Heritage Commission

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Providence

RI's 23rd Annual Statewide Historic Preservation Conference will kick off to the sounds of the What Cheer? Brigade at Trinity United Methodist Church on Broad Street. Keynote speaker Richard Longstreth (George Washington University) will speak on

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, nobody saw this over in the RI forum, so I'm acting locally and thinking statewide.

Preservation conference. West Side/South Side Providence (plus a bit of Elmhurst and Mt. Pleasant). Yo!

Coming up soon...register now!

Preservation Past, Present, and Future

Organized by RI Historical Preservation & Heritage Commission

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Providence

Hey - not all of us are leading tours.

Some us will be inside leading wonderfully useful and informative seminars!

I am continually astonished to see how many people go to this every year; last year's was a lot of fun. I'm amazed about how much I learned about Pawtucket, and I'm sure people who are curious about the whole Armory/West End phenomenon will get a lot out of this one.

Thanks for the notice.

I had a good time at the conference last year. Of course, we were also one of the hosts... but it was nice to see so many people in Pawtucket. The speakers were great and i liked giving people a tour of th downtown. I'm sure you'll have some insightful events this time around too.

and for that I am so grateful

Actually, the best tour was supposed to be West Elmwood. I had asked someone at West Elmwood Housing Dev Corp to arrange a visit to the Virginia + Spanish Peanut Co. Unfortunately, it looks like we won't get access, but it will be a local landmark pointed out en route. Minus the peanuts, best tour is a tossup.

This is going to sound kind of funny coming from me, but I now totally understand the backlash when I trashed South PVD and West Side.. YOU ALL EITHER WORK THERE OR LIVE THERE!! Its like being punched in the face when someone insults your work/hood

I think these projects and the things you all have done are great and do a world of good for the area.. You guys are like the "public money" landlords.. I'm the private..

Just understand that in the past I did not mean the WHOLE area is bad, just some areas are horrible ()lower Dexter, etc.. In the future, I will try to speak specifically by street and not generalize by area..

I think I will attend a portion of this if I am in town.. Some of it is very enticing to me..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived