Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

metrogrkid

Any Flintstones Bouncing Over to Metro GR for ThunderHawk?

3 posts in this topic

Just was wondering if any of the Flintstone crew heard about the addition of the Vekoma-manufactured steel suspended rollercoaster THUNDERHAWK being built at Michigan's Adventure (MIA) for this coming summer 2008? This should make the "giant" 90-minute trip from Flint over to the Metro Triplex (GR-Muskegon-Holland) a little more worthwhile.

This 2-min/20-sec ride, at 2,200 feet long and 105 feet in height and featuring five inversions and speeds nearing 55-mph, will hopefully initiate the image of MIA being a true "thrill ride" park and will hopefully also bring MIA's attendance to 700,000+ visitors this year.

We're hoping that because of downtown GR's position as the Muskegon-bound pass-through from eastern-, northern- and southern-originating traffic at US-131 and I-196 and its close proximity to US-131 and I-96, that it could become an ideal spot to "land" after a day out at MIA for a "night in the city". ;)

thlogo.jpg

Here's some current construction pics (courtesy of MIA and MIABlogOnline):

Michigans_Adventure_3_8_1.jpg

Michigans_Adventure_3_6_2.jpg

Michigans_Adventure_3_6_3_.jpg

Michigans_Adventure_3_6_4_.jpg

th_0225_04.jpg

th_0311_01.jpg

th_0311_02.jpg

th_0311_03.jpg

th_0311_05.jpg

th_0311_06.jpg

Not me, I am not a fan of GR and would rather spend the extra hour an d drive to Ceadar Point.

Just was wondering if any of the Flintstone crew heard about the addition of the Vekoma-manufactured steel suspended rollercoaster THUNDERHAWK being built at Michigan's Adventure (MIA) for this coming summer 2008? This should make the "giant" 90-minute trip from Flint over to the Metro Triplex (GR-Muskegon-Holland) a little more worthwhile.

This 2-min/20-sec ride, at 2,200 feet long and 105 feet in height and featuring five inversions and speeds nearing 55-mph, will hopefully initiate the image of MIA being a true "thrill ride" park and will hopefully also bring MIA's attendance to 700,000+ visitors this year.

We're hoping that because of downtown GR's position as the Muskegon-bound pass-through from eastern-, northern- and southern-originating traffic at US-131 and I-196 and its close proximity to US-131 and I-96, that it could become an ideal spot to "land" after a day out at MIA for a "night in the city". ;)

[\quote]