Hanover Theatre opens Friday in Worcester

jeepcj85

The Hanover Theatre in Worcester is opening this Friday with Broadway star Bernadette Peters. The 2300 seat theatre has been restored to its former glory an will host Broadway productions and concerts. The venue is at Federal Sq, which is a the corners of Main, Southbridge and Federal Sts, across from the Federal Courthouse. The area is seedy, but not dangerous, and had already witnessed many improvements in the wake of this project.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Hanover Theatre in Worcester is opening this Friday with Broadway star Bernadette Peters. The 2300 seat theatre has been restored to its former glory an will host Broadway productions and concerts. The venue is at Federal Sq, which is a the corners of Main, Southbridge and Federal Sts, across from the Federal Courthouse. The area is seedy, but not dangerous, and had already witnessed many improvements in the wake of this project.

I drove by tonight aroun 7pm. It was great to see loads of people, cars and limos jamming the area. The theatre looked great too, all lit up with spotlights shining in the sky. This will be a really great anchor for the south end of downtown. They are looking at doing 200 shows per year at the venue.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a volunteer usher at the Hanover and it is so awesome to see people getting all dressed up to come to shows, shows are selling out and people can't stop gushing about the fact that there is this beautiful theatre so close and so much more inexpensive than going to Boston. I have worked "Hairspray" which was a completly full house and well done for the 1st "broadway" show to come to the theatre. Then I worked the WPA Extravaganza which was local artist, musicans and dancers. Tonight I am getting in my penquin suit to work David Copperfield. The staff of the theatre has really come together and seem to be working out the small issues that arise. And us Volunteers are having a great time also...

Please people come to the shows and see how fantastic it can be so close to home.

Also the theatre has bought out the attached store fronts so it may turn them into a classy eating establishments...

I am a volunteer usher at the Hanover and it is so awesome to see people getting all dressed up to come to shows, shows are selling out and people can't stop gushing about the fact that there is this beautiful theatre so close and so much more inexpensive than going to Boston. I have worked "Hairspray" which was a completly full house and well done for the 1st "broadway" show to come to the theatre. Then I worked the WPA Extravaganza which was local artist, musicans and dancers. Tonight I am getting in my penquin suit to work David Copperfield. The staff of the theatre has really come together and seem to be working out the small issues that arise. And us Volunteers are having a great time also...

Please people come to the shows and see how fantastic it can be so close to home.

Also the theatre has bought out the attached store fronts so it may turn them into a classy eating establishments...

• 3 weeks later...

I have been to 2 shows & the theatre is great. My wife & I love to go to the Opera House in Boston & this is just as good. We just got tickets to the Ramsey Lewis/Fourplay concert in June. Can't wait

• 2 weeks later...

Archived