Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PghUSA

I may not agree with what you say

CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews, ABCNews, CBSNews, NBCNews, AP, UPI all ran the following:

1) There is a bill in Congress debating wether or not to rename the Pentagon,

2) There is a bill in Congress debating wether to remake the $10 bill

3) There is consideration in Congress debating wether to remake the $20 bill

4) There is consideration in Congress debating wether to remake the dime.

5) There was a resolution passed today by the U.S. Senate 98-0 unamiously declaring tribute to someone.

6) the NYSE and the Federal Goverment is calling Friday a National Day of Mourning and a Federal Holiday.

There was a thread on this board about all this and its impact wether it was good or bad but it ain't here anymore. So I guess we are much smarter then the NYSE, Congress and the major media, we are talking about the REAL issues of metropolitan North America.

I can understand declaring a national day of mourning for Reagan or introducing a NEW currency that has his face on it. But IMO there's no way that they should delete FDR at the least and replace it with him, or put him on Mount Rushmore without FDR/previous presidents on it

Wendell excellent points, I wish I could address them like they do in free societies but I'm on watch duty tnite, the erasers are out there someplace, (weren't these supposed to be the 12th, and 13th posts on the "Regan Legacy" thread). Ok back to watch duty, I wanted to post some more city stuff tnite, but I'll be refreshing Thomas.gov to check what they did to the 1st amendment. Thanks for all your comments and feel free to express your thoughts, while you still can! ;)

I had heard about a movement to get the Tresury Dept. to replace Hamilton on the $10 bill. I think it would be a good idea. But to rename the Pentagon... that's pushing it a little.

I think the dime should be remade, or at least the back part of it. They have remade nickels, quarters, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100, so why not go ahead and remake the rest of our currency as well. I wouldn't be opposed to acutally make the 50