Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mgman

This is what 47 million dollars will buy

9 posts in this topic

Wow, sticking an equally bad looking building onto an existing hideous building is not going to solve anything (maybe I am wrong about the appearance of the new building, I will let you be the judge). 47 million dollars should buy an attractive building but I guess that is not the case. I will admit that the south facade is marginally ok but the north facade is hideous and sticking solar panels on the building is great but it won't help the appearance. What is everyone else's opinion.

Courthouse renderings and solar panel article.

I've never seen the current building, but those renderings look horrible. What is with all the blank walls? I know it's a police station, but I would think they could at least have some windows on the upper floors.

You are crazy if you don't like this, particularly the view from Huron and 5th. Obviously it's not an art deco masterpiece, but it's definitely not a bad design.

Ditch all that obnoxious solid surface and I'll raise the grade.

You are crazy if you don't like this, particularly the view from Huron and 5th. Obviously it's not an art deco masterpiece, but it's definitely not a bad design.

After working on several courthouse / city hall buildings, I disagree that these buildings should have so few windows. The courtrooms are simply pushed into the interior of the building. But if you look at Washtenaw Co Courthouse, courtrooms line the edges and have very large windows along the entire wall.

Besides, the article mentions its going green, so I think natural daylight might be important.

While I don't have renderings to post, I saw the revised images of the Courts facility. More windows have appeared. Thank you, my request has been answered. The revised design looks much better, and more welcoming.