Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TLT

Moratorium Lifted!

5 posts in this topic

:yahoo: FINALLY the moratorium on building in a big chunk of the city, has been lifted. Repears to the northeast interceptor sewerline were completed last week, the reason behind the state imposed moratoium.

On friday alone around 120 building permits were released for projects as small as houses, to permits for buildings in the 500,000+ sq ft Autumn Hall mixed use project. The next several months should be interesting to see how much building goes on in this part of the city.

I'm clueless: What's the Autumn Hall project? What is the specific area...?

I'm clueless: What's the Autumn Hall project? What is the specific area...?

Autumn Hall is a large mixed use project, very much like Mayfaire, that will be located on Eastwood Rd. The project will include houses, condos, 500,000 sq ft of retail, office space, hotels and lots of green space including several small parks and a large park surrounding a lake on the backside of the property. Check out their website.

I heard that Wilmington has lifted the ban recently on building height restriction downtown. I imagine this is going to spur on some development as well. I'd love to see some 18-25 story buildings on the north end of downtown.