Uptown Dwellers

PeytonC

Hey guys. I am coming home this weekend and plan on taking my dad downtown to eat and maybe get some photos. I will try some shots from the Central Ave Bridge and need some suggestions on where you would go (good American food; something unique) and maybe some of the spots that are must-see's for someone who doesn't get the chance to experience Uptown often. Thanks for your help. :good:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys. I am coming home this weekend and plan on taking my dad downtown to eat and maybe get some photos. I will try some shots from the Central Ave Bridge and need some suggestions on where you would go (good American food; something unique) and maybe some of the spots that are must-see's for someone who doesn't get the chance to experience Uptown often. Thanks for your help. :good:

If you are just wanting Uptown:

Good American Food and good people watching:

*outdoor seating at McCormick and Schmicks

*outdoor seating at The Graduate on Trade @ Tryon

*Penguin food out the cafe at Alley Cat on College Street

*Merts Heart and Soul on College

Check out the new Bobcats Arena and Plaza -- you'll get to see the massive development around it -- The Ritz, Epicentre, are both adjacent to it. Walking tour of Fourth Ward Historic District is great this time of year -- lots of Spring blooms. If you like museums The Mint on Tryon or Museum of the New South on College. Both have cool/new stuff out.

If the weather is good there have been people in the Trade and Tryon parks / plazas relaxing, taking pix, eating lately (it's been beautiful weather).

Thanks for the tips. When I first moved to Charlotte everyone told me I must try the Penguin, and also a friend in San Antonio saw the place featured on Food Network. I have been several times and enjoy the fried pickles and corn dogs.

I think I'll got to the place in fourth ward you guys mentioned - seems like a good choice. Thanks again. Looks like a good weekend weather-wise as of now.

Landing on Alexander Michaels is a good choice ...

Don't know if a horse-drawn carriage ride is your thing or not, but there are 20 and 30 minute center city tours offered (the longer one goes more through Fourth Ward I believe). Carriages leave from the corner of Tryon and Seventh Street.

Pretty neat thing to do on a nice evening, although might be more of a date thing than hanging out with your dad. :dontknow:

Archived