Days Inn Hotel in North Tryon: good place?

Xss

Hi everyone. Me and my family are planing on staying a couple of days in Charlotte again this year. My father was planing on going to the Days Inn in North Tryon : we were in a Days Inn south of Charlotte last year and it was okay. But I don't have very great memories of the Days Inn downtown, the place always seemed deserted and not very welcoming, but I may be wrong. Though the idea of being in downtown is very tempting, and it can't be worst than that hotel where Trademark is now standing.

So, is it a good idea to stay in Tryon's Days Inn for a week, or should we check other hotels?

By the way, correct me if I am wrong, but is that Days Inn the hotel they're planing on demolishing soon or later to build something on top of it, or is it the old apartments in front of it (on the other side of the street...)?

Thanks for the answers!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been into any of the rooms of the Days Inn uptown (N Tryon), but know people who have stayed there. From what I was told, the rooms are fine, but you just need to be aware of your surroundings at night. There is a bit of pan handling that goes on in that area (not to say pan handlers are dangerous, but I think we can all agree they're incredibly annoying). My friend got stopped in the parking lot of the hotel several times while he stayed there by guys giving the usual story ("...my car broke down in Rock Hill and I need $1.94 to get down there and have it towed..."). Just be cognizant of those around you and you'll be fine. After all, Jodie Foster, Liam Neeson, and Natasha Richardson's characters in the 1994 film "Nell" stayed there and they are now all Academy Award winners. If you decide to stay there, maybe we'll see you walking across the stage of the Kodak Theater for gold later on...

Archived