NORTH CAROLINA SENATE PRIMARY RACE 2008

TLT

NORTH CAROLINA SENATE RACE  

21 members have voted

1. 1. WHO'S YOUR CHOICE IN THE 2008 U.S. SENATE RACE

• Pete Di Lauro (Weldon), ex marine- Viet Nam Vet, retired NYC police officer
    • Elizabeth Dole (Salisbury), Incumbent U.S. Senator
    • Kay Hagan (Greensboro), N.C. State Senator
    • Duskin Lassiter (High Point), self employed trucker
    • Jim Neal (Chapel Hill), Investment Banker
    • Howard Staley (Moncure), podiatrist
    • Marcus Williams (Lumberton), attorney

Who is your choice for the U.S. North Carolina Senate race? Do we stick with Senator Dole? Is this the year for a change? Maybe so, Senator Dole is ranked 93rd out of 100 senators in the senates power ranking (95th the year before that), according to congress.org a non-partisan group, falling behind Junior Senator Burr who is ranked 69th. What effect do you think the presidential primary will have on the outcome, now that it is the most important primary in North Carolina has seen since the 1976 republican presidential primary? Will record breaking turnout and large numbers of young people be good for Neal, Hagan or will it not make a difference?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Dole is a celebrity politician who "all of a sudden" gained a residence in Salisbury in order to run for election in NC. She hasn't really lived in the state since she married Bob Dole. As a result and because of the numbers presented above, she does little for the state of NC and turned her head when she could have helped the TTA get funding for its rail system. It's time to send her back to Kansas.

Dole is a celebrity politician who "all of a sudden" gained a residence in Salisbury in order to run for election in NC. She hasn't really lived in the state since she married Bob Dole. As a result and because of the numbers presented above, she does little for the state of NC and turned her head when she could have helped the TTA get funding for its rail system. It's time to send her back to Kansas.

Can anyone point to one issue in which she has been a leader? She's got to be one of the least effective Senators in the nation. I have never once seen her on any of the political talk shows.

Neal would get my vote except there's no way in hell an openly gay man has a chance to win a US Senate seat in NC (as much as I wish that were not true). With Dole's name recognition, I really don't think Hagan will win either. She is the DNC's darling, because they knew Neal had zero chance, and they felt NC was in play this year for a Dem.

Can anyone point to one issue in which she has been a leader? She's got to be one of the least effective Senators in the nation. I have never once seen her on any of the political talk shows.

Neal would get my vote except there's no way in hell an openly gay man has a chance to win a US Senate seat in NC (as much as I wish that were not true). With Dole's name recognition, I really don't think Hagan will win either. She is the DNC's darling, because they knew Neal had zero chance, and they felt NC was in play this year for a Dem.

The party chose to sponsor Hagan for the primary race, which pretty much determined the outcome. I think they're shooting themselves in the foot. Hagan's too much of a republican-lite to offer something substantially different from the incumbent.

• 4 weeks later...
She was a leader in the Senate in vowing to kill the immigration compromise bill that enjoyed some support from both sides. Everytime something about illegal immigration comes up, she is always up to bat to deystroy it if it allows letting them stay.

Archived