Serrano Lofts and Division Park Apts

GRDadof3

Hello,

I own RHD. Let me know if you have any questions.

Kevin Haviland

616 459 0129

It's always nice to hear from the property owners when these types of things happen. Welcome!

Has anyone shown interest in the property yet? Do you want to sell all of the property to one party, or would you sell it building by building if there was interest by people who don't need all three buildings?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's always nice to hear from the property owners when these types of things happen. Welcome!

Has anyone shown interest in the property yet? Do you want to sell all of the property to one party, or would you sell it building by building if there was interest by people who don't need all three buildings?

Thanks.

I have seen lots of intrest from those in the commercial real estate business. My preference would be to sell the entire package, but I am open to anything. I'm in no hurry.

Kevin

Short answer - no.

Long answer - Currently, we are accepting any/all offers. The property will likely go to the highest bidder. Could future use affect the deal, sure. I consider that to be extremely unlikely.

Kevin

This is pretty disappointing to hear. I would think after being at the same property for so long, someone would want the land to go towards the best use possible. That being said, I personally hope you put the quality of this neighborhood ahead of some pocket change. However, I know it would be hard to turn down a really high bid for something that could lead to yet another mission; that I can understand. I just hope you keep the neighborhood and its people in mind when making a deal. :)

This is pretty disappointing to hear. I would think after being at the same property for so long, someone would want the land to go towards the best use possible. That being said, I personally hope you put the quality of this neighborhood ahead of some pocket change. However, I know it would be hard to turn down a really high bid for something that could lead to yet another mission; that I can understand. I just hope you keep the neighborhood and its people in mind when making a deal. :)

Steam just came out of my ears.

I'm sorry, but this whole post is completely nuts.

The next time you sell a piece of real estate - I look forward to you turning down a higher bid based on your principals. Happy investing!

Is there something wrong with me wanting this property to be put towards the best use it possibly could? I'm not expecting the owners to reject an irresistible bid, as I said in my post. I would probably take the highest possible bid, too. I never said I would be outraged if he sold it to the buyer of his choice, I just stated my personal preference. gawd...

Is there something wrong with me wanting this property to be put towards the best use it possibly could? I'm not expecting the owners to reject an irresistible bid, as I said in my post. I would probably take the highest possible bid, too. I never said I would be outraged if he sold it to the buyer of his choice, I just stated my personal preference. gawd...

And everyone else expressed their opinion about your post. What's good for the goose.... :rolleyes:

Kevin,

Do you have any photos of the building that burnt down on the southwest corner (which is now a parking lot)? I worked on State Street at the time and it was quite an inferno. Just interested in what it looked like before it came down.

Joe

Thanks for your support. Lots of interest this week!

Kevin

I can't say that steam came out of my ears, but a wholesale tire company relocating to an up and coming downtown area did not exactly make me jump up for joy.

We have been on Division and Cherry for 35 years. Is this the up and coming downtown area you are talking about? We are moving south and west to Grandville and Logan.

We have been on Division and Cherry for 35 years. Is this the up and coming downtown area you are talking about? We are moving south and west to Grandville and Logan.

I'm familiar with where you are moving from the posts here and the press. Yes, this is an area that has seen a lot of movement. No problems with your line of business, but it did not get me excited; I am not sure why this is a big deal. Like you said, you have been in one location for 35 years. I do not see the story in moving a few blocks; businesses do that everyday.

No matter, though. Good luck and I hope that business continues to be good for you!

I'm familiar with where you are moving from the posts here and the press. Yes, this is an area that has seen a lot of movement. No problems with your line of business, but it did not get me excited; I am not sure why this is a big deal. Like you said, you have been in one location for 35 years. I do not see the story in moving a few blocks; businesses do that everyday.

No matter, though. Good luck and I hope that business continues to be good for you!

The story is the piece of real estate left vacant. It is big.

I can't say that steam came out of my ears, but a wholesale tire company relocating to an up and coming downtown area did not exactly make me jump up for joy.

That still is a fairly industrial area there, it's actually a terrific spot for RHD, you guys made a good move! (Should be able to pick up some of that lost Rhonda [sic?] business too I hope!)

I've got an idea. How about if people return to the topic at hand and talk about the issues in a mature manner. Just a thought. Otherwise I start handing out suspensions.

Again, moving on.

If you take issue with a tire store becoming a new development, then certainly have at it.

I've got an idea. How about if people return to the topic at hand and talk about the issues in a mature manner. Just a thought. Otherwise I start handing out suspensions.

Count Basie, don't make me babysit you. I've already cleaned up a bunch of posts and I'm not interested in sitting on this board all night.

Ahhh, so THAT'S where those posts went. Moderator, eh? I might offer one little piece of advice. Don't be too quick with the censorship. A little back-and-forth is not a bad thing.

And for the record, I knew you weren't really trying to prepetuate a stereotype. I was just trying to make a point.

two short - unfortunately, your post was deleted/censored. In any event, you were right on. RHD might not be a cool coffee chain, or a hip restaurant, but it's the kind of business that pays a lot of bills for a lot of people.

I'd take (20) more RHD's downtown if we could have 'em

You have a point (though you made it in a poor way), we all want businesses to move downtown, but when RHD moves farther away people rejoice and can't wait to see what's next instead of being sad that it's moving away. And you're right, there may be yet another coffee shop, or more apartments, or whatever, but the fact is that RHD didn't move OUT of downtown they moved to a more appropriate location which will allow their previous location to be put to better use.

two short - unfortunately, your post was deleted/censored. In any event, you were right on. RHD might not be a cool coffee chain, or a hip restaurant, but it's the kind of business that pays a lot of bills for a lot of people.

I'd take (20) more RHD's downtown if we could have 'em

Why? Do you think independent tire stores are the wave of the future? Do they create other growth around them? Revitalize a neighborhood?

I agree with twoshort in that they would be much better served at the location where they are moving. They may even increase business and become more efficient in a more modern facility. Plus, 2/3's of their buildings on South Division are virtually vacant (as I read the article). I don't see how this is anything but a good move all around.

You have a point (though you made it in a poor way), we all want businesses to move downtown, but when RHD moves farther away people rejoice and can't wait to see what's next instead of being sad that it's moving away. And you're right, there may be yet another coffee shop, or more apartments, or whatever, but the fact is that RHD didn't move OUT of downtown they moved to a more appropriate location which will allow their previous location to be put to better use.

I don't want to get in the middle of your cat fight. However, I am not sure that people should "rejoice" RHD moving south of Wealthy. Currently I pay around $6000.00 (I think) in special Downtown Alliance/DID assessments. I am taxed at the highest level (read - not in a renaissance zone). I receive zero assistance from any government or historic entity - never have. I employee 20 people. Although I do not keep my buildings beautiful, I do keep them occupied - which keeps them secure.

I am very excited to see what happens to this site. There should be no doubt in anyones mind that I am looking for top dollar. It is a big site and a big opportunity. I hope it's final use is best for GR. What's good for GR is good for me. I spend a lot of time downtown.

RHD has been a attracting people to downtown for a long time. Long before the arena and long before they had any other reason to be downtown. If business like RHD moves in here, I hope they are welcomed with open arms.

Archived