Detroit Pistons

OneSweetWorld

This thread should be deleted just like the Pistons' season. :sick: Boooooooo!

At least they got beat by a team w/ some integrity. The turn-a-round Boston had in just one year is crazy. I'd say Garnett & Pierce were well-deserving of it. Although Boston's a good team, so are the Lakers. And, Kobe is good. No, Kobe is the best. I don't know how the Lakers do it w/ the team they have, but they do. This will be a great match-up. 4-2 Lakers. No. Wait. 4-3 Celtics. Nah. 4-2 Lakers!

I just think the Pistons are too content w/ their success. And, I'll leave it at that.

GO PISTONS!!! (next season)

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Dumars is ready to make some wholesale changes which is great. This lineup was getting stale and it showed as they couldn't produce the last three years; getting blocked in the ECF each time. I like the coach hire and it appears additional moves may be on the way.

• 4 months later...

Dumars just pulled off a move no one saw coming and is amazing for a NUMBER of reasons. When I first heard about the Billips-McDyess=>Iverson trade I was baffled but after reading the specifics, Dumars is a freakin genius! The young core he has developed (Amir, Rodney, Maxiell) are very solid and waiting to be 'passed the torch' from the older guys. Dumars will be able to let Sheed just walk aay and get away from his monster contract and we'll be able to get a solid year from Iverson before his contract is done. With Iverson & Sheed gone the Pistons will still have a solid starting 5 (Stucky, Hamilton, Prince, Johnson & Maxiell) and be WAAAAY under the salary cap. Plenty of money to go after 2 big free agents or *GASP* LeBron James when his contract expires in 2010. Just the thought makes me giddy....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ak3y...o&type=lgns

Joe Dumars had the chance to consider Dallas

The trade reminds me of another recent one.

Pistons are a playoff-caliber team, lacking a star player.

Trade for RASHEED WALLACE, a 29 year-old all-star, leader, never won a championship, really wants one, has had attitude problems in the past.

Again, Pistons are a playoff-caliber team, but aren't very promising to win a championship, arguable lacking a star player.

Trade for ALLEN IVERSON, a 33 year-old all-star MVP, leader, never won a championship, really wants one, has had attitude problems in the past

Anyone see the similarities?

Joe D knows what he's doing.

Pistons 2009 NBA CHAMPS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Forget the Lions, what a great win last night for the Pistons out in L.A.! I really think Iverson's ability to get into the paint and draw multiple defenders is going to help out our offense a lot. As much as I liked Billups, Iverson has abilities that few can match. I'm really excited about what this season could become. Go Pistons!

Archived