Pinnacle at Cross Creek

Florida

Pinnacle at Cross Creek

Interstate 10 @ Highway 90E

Tallahassee, Florida

gallery_3748_8_37278.jpggallery_3748_8_8627.jpg

Artist Rendering

"Features upscale shopping with retail, restaurants, and entertainment in conjunction with an exceptional power center for 950,000 sq.ft. of GLA."

Property Info:

Opening Date...................... Mid 2010

Site.................................... 115 Acres

Parking............................... 4,200 Spaces

Total Stores........................ 60

Total GLA........................... 950,000 sq.ft.

Shops................................ 300,000 sq.ft.

Anchors (total)................... 530,000 sq.ft.

Commitments Include:

JCPenney.......................... 105,000 sq.ft.

Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us...... 64,000 sq.ft.

Regal Theaters.................. 67,000 sq.ft.

Dick's Sporting Goods........ 54,944 sq.ft.

Circuit City ...................... 20,304 sq.ft.

Developed By: Colonial Properties Trust

www.colonialprop.com

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll look even worse when they sit as big ugly vacant boxes b/c I'm ASSuming that both Circuit City and Toy R Us will close their Parkway locations?

Do you guys think JCPenny will keep their current location at the Disco Mall when this new one is built?

And w/a Regal cinema, will this be the death of the Gov. Sq. theaters, AMC at Tally Mall or both?

4200 parking spaces...wow! Does anyone have any idea how many spaces are at the Disco Mall?

AMC Theaters is here to stay, that is unless the entire mall goes under. Governers Square Theater seems to be floundering as it is, but the two are probably far enough apart. Capacity of the new theater would be a big determining factor as far as that one is concerned. Regal owns Miracle 5, but the type of movie shown there is entirely different from what I assume this one would offer.

^Yeah I think that Miracle 5 has a niche market here in Tally. I hope it never goes away as that is where I see most of my flix. Of course it wouldn't hurt for them to do a little remodeling on that location. Thanks to Miracle 5 and the Tally Film Society, we get many more independent and foreign films than most cities our size.

I'd say the main Advantage the AMC has over the Governor's Square movie theater is the seating. I don't know if they've remodeled since I last visited this theater sometime in the mid-90s, but I don't remember it having the same quality seating that the AMC and even the IMAX downtown have.

I'd say the main Advantage the AMC has over the Governor's Square movie theater is the seating. I don't know if they've remodeled since I last visited this theater sometime in the mid-90s, but I don't remember it having the same quality seating that the AMC and even the IMAX downtown have.

^Yeah I think that Miracle 5 has a niche market here in Tally. I hope it never goes away as that is where I see most of my flix. Of course it wouldn't hurt for them to do a little remodeling on that location. Thanks to Miracle 5 and the Tally Film Society, we get many more independent and foreign films than most cities our size.

I think that this shopping center is lovely, however is anyone else concerned about the possibility of it killing half the stores IN Tallahassee? Like FL said, most of the stores slated to be in the center already have locations in town, some of which are barely hanging on, and they certainly aren't going to keep both locations open. Sure, we might end up with a lovely shopping center 10 miles outside of Tally, but we're going to be left with a ton of empty stores (this has already started w/ Dillards/GAP) and a long, busy drive to the middle of nowhere to shop. :blink:

I think that this shopping center is lovely, however is anyone else concerned about the possibility of it killing half the stores IN Tallahassee? Like FL said, most of the stores slated to be in the center already have locations in town, some of which are barely hanging on, and they certainly aren't going to keep both locations open. Sure, we might end up with a lovely shopping center 10 miles outside of Tally, but we're going to be left with a ton of empty stores (this has already started w/ Dillards/GAP) and a long, busy drive to the middle of nowhere to shop. :blink:

B-b-b-b-ut..........it's sprawl!

It's in the city limits, but it's sprawl! It's not close to anything, and you're abandoning in-town shopping opportunities for sprawl mart. I don't like the idea of having abandoned storefronts in town and having to go into the hinterlands to shop.

Just cause it's new and shiny does not make it better, and does not make it good for Tallahassee.

This development makes me see Tallahassee as a homely girl who can't get a date - she throws herself at the first guy who shows her an iota of attention. Tallahassee is that homely girl, and its the developers that throw a bit of attention her way every now and then.

It's in the city limits, but it's sprawl! It's not close to anything, and you're abandoning in-town shopping opportunities for sprawl mart. I don't like the idea of having abandoned storefronts in town and having to go into the hinterlands to shop.

Just cause it's new and shiny does not make it better, and does not make it good for Tallahassee.

jpl02 said "it's in the city limits, but it's sprawl! It's not close to anything, and you're abandoning in-town shopping opportunities for sprawl mart. I don't like the idea of having abandoned storefronts in town and having to go into the hinterlands to shop.

This development makes me see Tallahassee as a homely girl who can't get a date - she throws herself at the first guy who shows her an iota of attention. Tallahassee is that homely girl, and its the developers that throw a bit of attention her way every now and then.

Poonther, I agree Toys R Us could definitely remodel their current location. Perhaps they're going to be putting a Babies R Us at Pinnacle? Circuit City may be making a strategic move to be the first electronics retailer in that area because the Apalachee Parkway sector is getting a bit saturated, especially with the coming of HHgregg. Dick's is a new store to our market and so is the Sportsman Warehouse at Fallschase, so I'm a little concerned about the two of them coming along at the same time. I feel the Tallahassee Mall is in danger of loosing Sport's Authority whether or not the Pinnacle is built -- simply because the Tallahassee Mall's lessee's have an option to cancel their leases since the departure of Dillard's.

I see this as progress because I do recognize the importance of Commercial Development with frontage along the interstate -- something Tallahassee has very little of because of local ordinances. Not only would this interstate frontage create jobs and bring more money into the area, it would give the perception that Tallahassee has more to offer than previously percieved. Development at that interchange is inevitable -- something is going to go here eventually -- and I'm just glad it will be something the public can enjoy. I'd trade anything to have any of this new shopping downtown (Fallschase, Market Plaza @ Timberlane, Sembler @ Southwood, Bannerman's Crossing, Pinnacle) but I understand this is not my decision to make.

My reasoning for saying this is not sprawl is because this project will not be pushing the limits of commercial development along Mahan Drive. Since 1998 Summit East has been under construction, Publix arrived in 2002, and there are now 2 new hotels in this area. If this were the first to arrive out there I'd call it sprawl, but 10 years after the coming of Summit East I'd say we're just filling in the gap. If you ride along Mahan from Capital Circle to this site, you'll see the continuous residential developments I'm talking about, all leading to where this mall will be built. Beyond it, the Heel of Welaunee Plantation would begin and I'm sure it will be categorized as sprawl as well -- and sometimes sprawl is necessary.

Mracca, I know I'm a cheerleader for growth but I'm not for everything that is new. Sure, I've made it my mission to cover all of Tallahassee's new growth since starting this forum, but the truth is there are several new projects for Tallahassee that I oppose. The Kohl's at Bradfordville -- would have been better as a replacement for Dillard's, remember? Southwood's office development -- Surely you've heard me complain about it not being good for downtown? The good number of Booth properties I've complained about? Summerfield? Welaunee? I've expressed concerns about them all. But I can't let my objections to certain projects keep me from updating our audience on their progress.

The only reason the center is going out there in the first place is because the individual who owns the car museum wants it there, is that accurate?

Seems a silly reason to drag the rest of us to the boonies, and an even sillier reason to take "convenience" to the people who didn't want it.

"Mracca, I know I'm a cheerleader for growth but I'm not for everything that is new. Sure, I've made it my mission to cover all of Tallahassee's new growth since starting this forum, but the truth is there are several new projects for Tallahassee that I oppose. The Kohl's at Bradfordville -- would have been better as a replacement for Dillard's, remember? Southwood's office development -- Surely you've heard me complain about it not being good for downtown? The good number of Booth properties I've complained about? Summerfield? Welaunee? I've expressed concerns about them all. But I can't let my objections to certain projects keep me from updating our audience on their progress. "

Well maybe everything was a tad bit of an overstatement on my part......I will admit.

Archived