Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jcrc

Rumer: Citibank on Main Street is closing

9 posts in this topic

Just heard that from my wife who went to the branch to make a deposit....urh make that a withdraw.

Just heard that from my wife who went to the branch to make a deposit....urh make that a withdraw.

Another victim of the recession. Oh well, it's just a bank branch, not a huge loss for the area.

Another victim of the recession. Oh well, it's just a bank branch, not a huge loss for the area.

The one in Newington went into the old Krispy Kreme building. I wonder what they'll do with it now.

Are these all the branches in the Hartford area?

The one in Newington went into the old Krispy Kreme building. I wonder what they'll do with it now.

Are these all the branches in the Hartford area?

They will be back. Its a bad look for Citi, but It makes sense right now. I would not be suprised if someone like TD Banknorth puts a branch in that location simply for visibility purposes. They are changing names to TD Commerce bank after buying Commerce Bank from NJ. I would not be suprised to see that company start to fill in its branch banking holes now that it is a MAJOR player on the East coast.

I wish Hartford, and CT economic development people could lure a major regional office here. They opporate 77 Branches in the state right now and they have an office in Springfield.