Chipotle restaurant coming to 28th Street/Woodland

cshbell

I learned from a source yesterday that I would consider highly reliable that there is [finally] a Chipotle restaurant coming to Grand Rapids. The location, according to the person, will be the 28th Street corridor near Woodland Mall. This obviously puts it in close proximity to the Qdoba that's there, but as anybody who has eaten in both restaurants can agree, Chipotle is vastly superior! ;)

Will anybody else be standing in line with me on opening day waiting to get in?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I learned from a source yesterday that I would consider highly reliable that there is [finally] a Chipotle restaurant coming to Grand Rapids. The location, according to the person, will be the 28th Street corridor near Woodland Mall. This obviously puts it in close proximity to the Qdoba that's there, but as anybody who has eaten in both restaurants can agree, Chipotle is vastly superior! ;)

Will anybody else be standing in line with me on opening day waiting to get in?

See, I've always liked Qdoba better than Chipotle. Now, I've got more visits to Qdoba, because I haven't lived anyplace with a Chipotle (only been there on trips), so maybe that's thrown my opinion a bit.

However, the Moe's in Tallahassee was the best, because I could have a pitcher of beer or margarita with my burrito. Guess they're a little less stringent with their liquor licenses down there.

Yeah, give me an authentic Mexican restaurant any day. And I like the massive and fun commercials and food from Freebird's. 5 points if anyone can guess where that's at? I love the design of all Chipotle restaurants but I ate there once freshman year of college in 1999 and I haven't eaten there since. And there are two really close by to me and where I'm from originally. Maybe having less of this type of food than where I'm from will make me change my mind about Chipotle.

Excellent! It's about time we got a Chipotle! The closest one right now is on the west side of Lansing.

Here's how I would rank the "Mexican Grill" burrito places, or whatever you want to call them:

1. Moe's - my new favorite within the last 6 months, lots of extra items you can add to your burrito and free chips

2. Chipotle - a close second, love the hot sauce

3. Panchero's - there was one in Grandville but it closed, the closest location is now in Lansing

4. Qdoba - just so-so, not always the freshest ingredients, and they're the most expensive

Of course, you still gotta go for authentic Mexican food once in while. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

Why Chipotle or Qdoba with all the excellent local choices? El Taco Ganadero (sp) anyone? I prefer my Mexican food from a restraunt where I have to point at pictures because the staff hardly speaks english. (Just make sure you don't actually get the tongue instead of ground beef....)

Why Chipotle or Qdoba with all the excellent local choices? El Taco Ganadero (sp) anyone? I prefer my Mexican food from a restraunt where I have to point at pictures because the staff hardly speaks english. (Just make sure you don't actually get the tongue instead of ground beef....)

Yeah, give me an authentic Mexican restaurant any day. And I like the massive and fun commercials and food from Freebird's. 5 points if anyone can guess where that's at? I love the design of all Chipotle restaurants but I ate there once freshman year of college in 1999 and I haven't eaten there since. And there are two really close by to me and where I'm from originally. Maybe having less of this type of food than where I'm from will make me change my mind about Chipotle.

Excellent! It's about time we got a Chipotle! The closest one right now is on the west side of Lansing.

Here's how I would rank the "Mexican Grill" burrito places, or whatever you want to call them:

1. Moe's - my new favorite within the last 6 months, lots of extra items you can add to your burrito and free chips

2. Chipotle - a close second, love the hot sauce

3. Panchero's - there was one in Grandville but it closed, the closest location is now in Lansing

4. Qdoba - just so-so, not always the freshest ingredients, and they're the most expensive

Of course, you still gotta go for authentic Mexican food once in while. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

Burrito preferences seem to be a very personal thing based on the posts in this thread. Is the Beltline Bar still in business? Whenever I used to return to GR from Texas to visit family we always went there for Burritos. I haven't been back to GR since 2004 but I hope to visit again soon.

The reason for my excitement about Chipotle coming to Grand Rapids is purely because I enjoy the taste, price and speed. I could care less if its authentic/not authentic Mexican food... When I was in Ann Arbor I got hooked on Qdoba, then went to Chicago and had a chance to eat at Chipotle and it is now my burrito joint of choice... so I'm excited :D

Archived