2007 Census Estimates are out

GRDadof3

..and Grand Rapids continues to slowly gain population, at about a .7% net population increase last year. Grand Rapids-Wyoming MSA gained just under 4000 people in 2007, mainly due to more births than deaths and international immigration, while the old Grand Rapids-Muskegon-Holland MSA gained about 6000. Most of that growth was in Kent County. However, Grand Rapids continued to have a net negative domestic migration of about -.2%.

Grand Rapids was one of only 7 MSA's in Michigan to gain population, while 8 others lost population. Holland-Grand Haven, Muskegon-Norton Shores, Kalamazoo-Portage, and Niles-

Benton Harbor all had similar gains. Holland-Grand Haven led the State in population growth percentage both from July 06 to July 07 and from April 2000 - July 2007.

Michigan as a whole lost 31,000 inhabitants from July 06 - July 07, with the majority (27,000) lost from the Detroit-Livonia-Warren MSA.

http://www.michigan.gov/hal/0,1607,7-160-1...87899--,00.html

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chartuo1.jpg

I just created this chart for a presentation I'm giving. This is 2006 Census data, but it's showing an interesting trend in GR in educated young people. Also interesting is that the State and County dipped off this last year. Could the creative class be moving into the City of GR?

I just created this chart for a presentation I'm giving. This 2006 Census data, but it's showing an interesting trend in GR in educated young people. Also interesting is that the State and County dipped off this last year. Could the creative class be moving into the City of GR?

chartuo1.jpg

I just created this chart for a presentation I'm giving. This 2006 Census data, but it's showing an interesting trend in GR in educated young people. Also interesting is that the State and County dipped off this last year. Could the creative class be moving into the City of GR?

chartuo1.jpg

chartuo1.jpg

Archived