New urban parks

This thread is to showcase urban parks recently constructed, under construction, or planned.

I'll start with Charlotte. Currently there are plans in place to construct 5.2-acre 3rd Ward/Romare Bearden Park next to a proposed minor league baseball stadium uptown. There were renderings available at one time, but I'm having difficulty finding them; I'll post them if I come across them again.

Greensboro, NC's 1.9-acred Center City Park opened December 2006, and has been a big hit ever since:

park_aerials010.jpg

Southwest_park_through_grasses7-3-07.jpg

Aerial-at-night-websmall.jpg

Columbia, SC is planning a 50-acre waterfront park on the banks of the Congaree River. It is part of the overall masterplan of USC's urban research campus:

Innovista-river.jpg

viewfromamphitheater.jpg

viewfromtowpath.jpg

waterfrontpromenadegervais.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

hi,

If urban parks can evolve from their current, primarily recreational role, into a new role as a catalyst for community development and enhancement, parks will be an essential component in transforming and enriching our cities. A park and its surrounding area can be not only a place to understand and relate to nature, but it can also be a place for social and cultural exchange.

===============================================================================

kamron

Arkansas Alcohol Addiction Treatment

• 1 month later...

Archived