This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New urban parks

5 posts in this topic

This thread is to showcase urban parks recently constructed, under construction, or planned.

I'll start with Charlotte. Currently there are plans in place to construct 5.2-acre 3rd Ward/Romare Bearden Park next to a proposed minor league baseball stadium uptown. There were renderings available at one time, but I'm having difficulty finding them; I'll post them if I come across them again.

Greensboro, NC's 1.9-acred Center City Park opened December 2006, and has been a big hit ever since:

Columbia, SC is planning a 50-acre waterfront park on the banks of the Congaree River. It is part of the overall masterplan of USC's urban research campus:

If urban parks can evolve from their current, primarily recreational role, into a new role as a catalyst for community development and enhancement, parks will be an essential component in transforming and enriching our cities. A park and its surrounding area can be not only a place to understand and relate to nature, but it can also be a place for social and cultural exchange.

Arkansas Alcohol Addiction Treatment

Man, with all the frustration I'm having right now a look at these pictures is really soothing. Just imagining being at one of these parks makes me feel relaxed. Seriously! XD