Steal a building for Charlotte...she needs more.

atlrvr

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Forgive me for wanting this, but considering Charlotte is a city of the automobile I'd say it would fit in well here:

0f9a218118330bdb0f5bad5792231790fdd6d645_m.jpg

60 East Lake Street in Chicago

I'd much rather have something like this to spark conversation than the endless dull parking decks in our downtown now. If we're going to have decks (which we obviously are), we might as well spice things up a bit.

Nice trip. Osaka does not get the credit that it deserves as a city because it is always overshadowed by Tokyo but there are 27 million people living in this urban area. If you have never been to Japan, you will come back with your concepts of cities completely changed. Have fun. (I would highly recommend flying to the Kobe airport instead of Narita)

• 5 weeks later...

tozmervo, love Manchester and that building (by the way, there's an incredible Indian place on the ground level of the structure in the foreground.

There are many great buildings I would like to see here. But there's simply something simple and elegant about the Deutsche Bahn building at Sony Centre in Berlin that makes me..., er, um, excited.

DB_Tower__Berlin.jpg

Sony_Center_Berlin.jpg

The Cybertecture Egg in India is not just a crazy design outside, inside it has bathroom toilets that monitor your heart rate and vital signs of health and automatically contact an in-house physician if the numbers don't look good.

ss_cybertectureegg.jpg

ss_cybertectureegg3.jpg

And this is what we need in the Eastland Mall redevelopment...

ss_greatwheel.jpg

The Cybertecture Egg in India is not just a crazy design outside, inside it has bathroom toilets that monitor your heart rate and vital signs of health and automatically contact an in-house physician if the numbers don't look good.

ss_cybertectureegg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's not "a" building, but it is a structure.

I would like the overhead arches from Millennium Park, and I would like them to be placed over a park on the 277 Freeway Cap.

The best thing about these things is that there are built in lights that shine down on the lawn, making it very cozy and inviting at night.

windylake1832dk0.jpg

I don't require the stage, although it's fun. I'm not asking for the world.

windylake1822nl4.jpg

Archived