Grand Rapids Meat Markets

Hello everyone, I was discussing with my wife the taste of rabbit, and it got me to thinking of a family reciepe. Problem is, I have no rabbit. And quite honestly, living in GR for only 10 years or so, I dont have a large knowledge of the local meat markets. But I figured someone here would, I have lurked for years here and I know you guys enjoy BBQ.

Anyone know of a market that sells rabbit or buffalo?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello everyone, I was discussing with my wife the taste of rabbit, and it got me to thinking of a family reciepe. Problem is, I have no rabbit. And quite honestly, living in GR for only 10 years or so, I dont have a large knowledge of the local meat markets. But I figured someone here would, I have lurked for years here and I know you guys enjoy BBQ.

Anyone know of a market that sells rabbit or buffalo?

Dale Sprik says there is a ranch in Nunica where you can get meat: SprikFarms

Apparently there is also a Michigan Bison Association MBA

For meat markets, the westside offers Franks (west fulton) , Lewandoskis (1107 Walker Ave NW), Sobie meats (3919 Remembrance), Meat Market (11404 68th Ave, Allendale)

I am looking for Goose. Anyone know where I could get a goose?

• 2 weeks later...

Found a place. Its on 28th in Cascade, called The Fresh Market. Everything inside is fresh or Organic, and they sell both Buffalo and Rabbit, as well as Venison and a wonderful selection of non Hormone injected meats. I suggest anyone looking for good produce, fresh spices or wonderful meat and seafoods check this place out!

Archived