Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dreamer1q

Grand Rapids Meat Markets

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I was discussing with my wife the taste of rabbit, and it got me to thinking of a family reciepe. Problem is, I have no rabbit. And quite honestly, living in GR for only 10 years or so, I dont have a large knowledge of the local meat markets. But I figured someone here would, I have lurked for years here and I know you guys enjoy BBQ.

Anyone know of a market that sells rabbit or buffalo?

Frank's Market on West Fulton is an A+. Not sure if they have rabbit or buffalo though, but they have damn good beef.

clara_peller5.jpg

"Where's the beef?!?"

Hello everyone, I was discussing with my wife the taste of rabbit, and it got me to thinking of a family reciepe. Problem is, I have no rabbit. And quite honestly, living in GR for only 10 years or so, I dont have a large knowledge of the local meat markets. But I figured someone here would, I have lurked for years here and I know you guys enjoy BBQ.

Anyone know of a market that sells rabbit or buffalo?

Not much of a hunter myself. I just cant believe that there isnt a place in GR that sells meats like that. But after much looking, I am beginning to think its true.

Not much of a hunter myself. I just cant believe that there isnt a place in GR that sells meats like that. But after much looking, I am beginning to think its true.

Dale Sprik says there is a ranch in Nunica where you can get meat: SprikFarms

Apparently there is also a Michigan Bison Association MBA

For meat markets, the westside offers Franks (west fulton) , Lewandoskis (1107 Walker Ave NW), Sobie meats (3919 Remembrance), Meat Market (11404 68th Ave, Allendale)

I am looking for Goose. Anyone know where I could get a goose?

If you want rabbits come to my house and shoot a couple. It's probably not legal in the city limits though.

If you want rabbits come to my house and shoot a couple. It's probably not legal in the city limits though.

I only found reference to one close by. I know a chef friend of mine used to get them in belding

MICHIGAN GOLDEN RULE RABBITRY

"FRED BISKIE, "

CHARLOTTE, MI

Fossil Farms sells them on line.

I only found reference to one close by. I know a chef friend of mine used to get them in belding

MICHIGAN GOLDEN RULE RABBITRY

"FRED BISKIE, "

CHARLOTTE, MI

Fossil Farms sells them on line.

I read the title of this thread and thought that this was about social gatherings. My bad. ;)

I have seen frozen portions of rabbit meat at Erika's Delicatessen on Cascade Road.

I read the title of this thread and thought that this was about social gatherings. My bad. ;)

Found a place. Its on 28th in Cascade, called The Fresh Market. Everything inside is fresh or Organic, and they sell both Buffalo and Rabbit, as well as Venison and a wonderful selection of non Hormone injected meats. I suggest anyone looking for good produce, fresh spices or wonderful meat and seafoods check this place out!