How would you do this commute?

corpkid

Hey all... I just moved into a place in Baldwin Park. Now I need to know the best way to get to and from work considering the horrific traffic on the 408 each morning. My place is right on new Broad st. (near the CVS/etc).

My office is on Westwood Blvd (next to the convention center/Seaworld). Some routes I have tried are:

Colonial WB to I-4 WB (sucked)

408 WB to I-4 WB (way too much traffic)

436 SB to 528 WB (my favorite, though 436 has so many lights it still takes 40 minutes).

Any advice? I need typical commuter hours 8:15am to work and 5:15pm from work.

Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds like 436 south to 528 west is your best option. more of a direct route; even tho the lights suck. you could also try Corrine Dr west to where it turns into Virginia. Take Virginia to Orange Ave south then hop onto I-4 from Ivanhoe Blvd. Sounds complicated, but is surprisingly easy. You still have to contend w/red lights and maybe school zone traffic too.

Hey all... I just moved into a place in Baldwin Park. Now I need to know the best way to get to and from work considering the horrific traffic on the 408 each morning. My place is right on new Broad st. (near the CVS/etc).

My office is on Westwood Blvd (next to the convention center/Seaworld). Some routes I have tried are:

Colonial WB to I-4 WB (sucked)

408 WB to I-4 WB (way too much traffic)

436 SB to 528 WB (my favorite, though 436 has so many lights it still takes 40 minutes).

Any advice? I need typical commuter hours 8:15am to work and 5:15pm from work.

Thanks!

I used to go from my place in Colonialtown (Mills and Colonial area) to Sand Lake Rd. and nothing ever beat Colonial to I-4 Westbound. I tried just about everything. Actually, my ride westbound was always easy, but the latest I would leave was about 7:30 AM. The Eastbound ride home was always terrible, but I came to the realization that even the traffic on I-4 was better than the redlights and other nonsense on the other roads.

something to try, I take Conway to the bee-line a lot when i've got something at the occc or surrounding hotels, even disney hotels. even with the construction past holden, it flows rather well and there are a lot less lights on the holden to bee-line stretch. after the widening, it'll be a nice corridor i'm hoping.

something to try, I take Conway to the bee-line a lot when i've got something at the occc or surrounding hotels, even disney hotels. even with the construction past holden, it flows rather well and there are a lot less lights on the holden to bee-line stretch. after the widening, it'll be a nice corridor i'm hoping.

Archived