Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chgrnative

Detroit Tigers

16 posts in this topic

Any Tigers fans out there? How do you like their chances? I am cautiosly optomistic. The best lineup in my lifetime (I was around and remebmer 84), decent rotation but below average bullpen. In my opinion there are going to be too many games that the Tigers jump out to an early 5 run lead and then we need to sweat it out as the bullpen lets the opponent creep back in. Saying all that I do believe that they are a near lock for the post season, after that who knows!

It will be a really interesting season, thats for sure. Can't wait for it to start. The bullpen is about the only thing to worry about right now, that and Willis.

Verlander looked good on opening day today until the 7th. I have a good feeling about this season

Not much better today. Solid pitching from Rogers for the first 6 and then it all went to hell. Where is all of this offense?

ANyone know where I can find a Jason Grilli dartboard?

Another loss today... what's going on? I know everyone thought the pitching was going to be shady but the real culprit as been the mediocre offense getting 0-2 runs in most of the losses where the pitching gave up an average 4-5 runs. My prediction is that once the weather warms up a bit the bats will as well. I hope anyway.

Finally got one last night.

The good news is that Cleveland isn't off to a very good start either.

Looks like they finally started the season. I guess 155-7 won't be too bad... :lol:

Guh, it was so painful last night I turned off the Picture-in-picture and just focussed on the Red Wings...

When Willis went out in the first, I thought that that was going to be a very, very long game. But the bullpen finally pulled one together. Way to go Lopez and finally, way to go Grilli.

I look back at my first post now and see how foolishly optimistic I was.

We have to get a collection going to buy Jason Grilli a chin. Also, we could throw in some moolah to get Bautista an appointment with a good orthodontist.

OUR BULLPEN IS A JOKE~~~~~~~> A bad joke.

Denny Bautista does need to see an ortho....dude is ugly!

Going into the season I also was worried about the bullpen but it is the starters who haven't performed well this season so far. Zach Miner has been horrible.

Bullpen blows another game tonight; this could be a tough season. Except the other central teams all pretty much are struggling as well.

Well we are now over .500.....what are our chances now? In my opinion as long as they stay healthy the Tigers should have a big second half. I'll be there on the 12th!!!! looking forward to it. Too bad my favorite (Maggs) won't be playing :(